Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon’s Digital Commerce And Content Services powers e-commerce transactions for Amazon’s digital offering. It enables the ordering and fulfillment of various digital content across geographies. The Digital Payments QA team is looking for talented, detail-oriented SDE-T to work on services and features powering the Digital Purchase experience from multiple entry points.Our systems are engineered to meet remarkably high standards of quality, performance and reliability, operating around the clock on a massive scale.
As an SDE-T of this team, you will be given the chance to participate in new design and architectural choices which have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers.
You will need to be able to work efficiently and effectively in a fun, fast-paced dynamic team environment. SDETs are expected to have industry-leading technical abilities that enable them to significantly improve product quality. You should have a combination of solid in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance, solid understanding of the operating system software, as well as knowledge of object oriented design principles. You are expected to possess superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, able to work independently and can maintain professionalism under pressure. You must be able to accurately prioritize projects, make sound judgments, work to improve the customer experience, and get the right things done.
- Design and build the automated test frameworks and test suites for use in development and testing cycles
- Utilize innovative test technologies to develop a product’s testing strategy
- Participating in design and code inspections
- Analyze test logs; create test reports, co-ordinate with stakeholders.
- Perform manual testing, the scope of which will encompass all functionality of services to as a prequel to automation
If this sounds like a team that you want to be a part of, we want you to apply NOW!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field and 3+ years relevant work experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of software development and testing experience, with a strong background in CS fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming
- Keen analytical skills and excellent problem solving.
- Expert level Java or C#, and experience with scripting languages.
- Expert in software quality and testing methodologies, test automation tools, schedulers, frameworks, and harnesses.
- Experience with testing methodologies for server class services, including latency and load testing, as well as designing and implementing test cases, running cases on distributed systems, and reporting on quality
- Familiarity with Linux or other Unix server class operating systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience delivering large, cross-functional projects
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
- Experience developing in a Linux environment and in utilizing virtual machines
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience in developing product test harnesses and instrumenting products to gather test results
- Experience with test driven development and establishing unit test infrastructures
- Experience automating the validating of modern user interfaces and messaging infrastructures
- Experience with evaluating and integrating open source and in house developed toolsets
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
- Expert in software quality and testing methodologies
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Experienced in interacting and coordinating test activities amongst multiple teams