Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds. This is your chance to make history. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build trust of our customers and sellers. Amazon hires the brightest minds, are you one of them?
Customer Trust and Partner Support (CTPS) aims to make Amazon the safest place to transact online. CTPS safeguards every financial transaction across all Amazon sites, while striving to ensure that these efforts are transparent to our legitimate customers. As such, CTPS designs and builds the software systems, risk models and operational processes that minimize risk and maximize trust in Amazon.com.
Amazon is seeking for individuals who are dedicated, hardworking, analytical and results-oriented. Candidates will be responsible for a wide range of duties related to the investigation and elimination of online e-commerce risk. The position relies on an analytical mind, detailed investigation and excellent judgment. Productivity and quality assurance will be evaluated along with the overall contribution to the development of the department.
Key job responsibilities
• Communicate effectively via live video call with our customer base third party sellers who want to sell on Amazon in its various marketplaces.
• Review the seller’s identity details (information & documents) over a live video call
• Verify ownership of the documents submitted by sellers
• Assess legitimacy of documents by reviewing online copy of documents
• Reduce avoidable friction for legitimate sellers and keep updated on Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other policies
• Serve as Amazon ambassador and offer live assistance to sellers during identity verification and help them complete the verification process
• Provide exceptionally strong customer service skills via live video call
• Maintain composure during the live video call as representative of the Amazon brand
• Flexibility to be trained for additional business-related skills and/or work types
• Flexibility with working hours and work Saturdays or Sundays as part of your normal 5 day shift.
• Take appropriate action to identify and help minimize the risk posed by fraud patterns and trends.
• Consistently achieve/exceed weekly productivity and quality standards.
• Participate in ad hoc projects/assignments as necessary.
These positions are ideal for recent graduates or people with customer service backgrounds.
• Native level of Mandarin Chinese (Simplified) in speaking, reading, listening and writing. Ability to compose grammatically correct, concise and accurate written and verbal responses.
• Ability to pronounce standard Mandarin words and speak with clarity
• Proficient in English (speaking, reading and writing) with an ability to compose grammatically correct, concise and accurate verbal and written responses
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues correctly and clearly to both internal and external customers.
• Intermediate skill with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
• Team player capable of learning and sharing knowledge in global team environment.
• Ability to effectively manage time, and individually prioritize multiple tasks of competing priority.
• Previous work experience in a customer service/retail environment supporting Mandarin -speaking customers
• Language certification of HSK for non-native Mandarin speakers
• Knowledge of or experience in a fraud/risk management environment preferred but not essential.
• Experience in insurance, finance, data analysis, research, translation or training with Mandarin as the language is a distinct advantage.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Self-disciplined, diligent, proactive and detail oriented.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Passionate commitment to Amazon’s emergence as the world’s most customer-centric company.
• Positive, results oriented attitude.
If you are just out of college or have experience we want to hear from you. If you love working in a fast paced environment with the determination to progress within the organization this is the job for you