Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Ever wondered how Amazon.com website works? Do you like working on projects that are highly visible and are tied closely to Amazon’s growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation leveraging the scalability and innovation with Amazon’s AWS cloud services?
The Amazon International Technology Team is hiring a Senior Technical Program Manager to work in Sao Paulo office. Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, technical design of the solutions / systems, driving project schedules from design to release, technical discussions with software development team and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between your team and other teams to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to- market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current software development technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or multiple competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success s in this role.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and hires qualified individuals regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, age or disability.
• 12+ years experience in software development projects.
• 6+ years experience as a People Manager or Project Manager in a software development organization.
• Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects in an Agile environment.
• Knowledge of Software Architecture and system integration.
• Knowledge of Project Management best practices.
• Experience in gathering business requirements and converting them to technical requirements.
• Knowledge of software development methodologies and modern software design.
• Proven track record of delivering significant results.
• The ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the enterprise and to work with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• Project management, Process Improvement or Quality certifications desired (e.g. PMP, Lean or Six Sigma).
• Experience designing and developing large scale, high traffic applications.
• Experience in the retail industry.