Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
As Logistic/Import Specialist in Trade Compliance you will own a part of the process within a team that works to drive import compliance in the EMEA region with particular focus on import controls and classification. Part of the team also manages Customs Brokers and cooperates with Global Logistics Teams, Vendors as well as internal and external stakeholders.
Key job responsibilities
• Supporting the team on exception solving problems
• Facilitating continuous processes improvement/development including tools and automation
• Identifying gaps and encouraging improvement/optimization initiatives that work toward a metric improvement within processes/functions at site level
• Developing processes or tool components with documented SOPs for new processes or activities undertaken by the function
• Analyzing data and being responsible for highlighting gaps, recommending solutions and influencing inter-function decisions
• Encouraging continuous improvement and documenting any issues/action planning in functional area and own specific action or change recommended
• Creating and maintaining standard operational procedures and supporting documents
• Owning and collaborating global standardization initiatives in Compliance organization
• Being responsible for productivity, quality, and coverage metrics goals
• Mentoring/training overall team and progress to next level functionally by sharing knowledge on export compliance
• Training and mentoring new hires and other associates and suggest improvements to training
About the team
Our primary goal is to ensure compliance with EU & UK export regulations, conducting the import control classification activities with identification of short and long-term compliance and efficiency enhancements to eliminate regulatory misses.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• ECCN classification experience
• Turkish & English language
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
• Knowledge and expertise of trade (WCO, WTO) regulations from UK and EU
• Ability to analyze and identify patterns in large data sets
• Ability to make data driven decisions under pressure of time
• Good working knowledge of MS Office
• Legal Background
• Project Management
• Proven track of owning, managing and delivering regional and/or global projects within Trade Compliance or solid
• Familiarity with SQL and Business Intelligence tools is a differential
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.