Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
We are looking for a talented engineer to join us and help build and enhance our Sports Data Platform’s data and image pipeline to increase our breadth and depth of data as well as delighting our customers with new features. The ideal engineer has strong backend development, design and data modeling skills as well as experience working with serverless compute solutions and graph databases. They have a deep understanding of building highly scalable and resilient systems and the desire to continually find and fix bottlenecks and inefficiencies, never settling if there are milliseconds that can be saved. They are mentors guiding their team members to improve their architecture, design and coding skills. They collaborate well with their own team, partner teams and stakeholders to deliver features.
Key job responsibilities
Design and build Sports Data Platform that powers delightful experiences on Prime Video Sports like X-Ray
Be a hands-on engineer delivering features as well as a technical leader mentoring junior team members
Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary teams to design, develop and deliver market innovative features and services.
Build distributed systems that are scalable, performant, fault-tolerant, low latency and easy to manage/use using cutting edge technologies
* Bring Operational Excellence rigor to the team as we scale and serve sports audience across the world
A day in the life
We’re building a wide variety of services in Austin, TX, from low-latency, high-TPS services that control the lifecycle of live events and help customers discover live or upcoming games in Prime Video’s carousels, to a new Amazon-wide source of truth for rich, factual sports data, the Sport Data Platform. If you’re a strong engineer, there’s a home for you in Austin working on Prime Video Sports.
About the team
We are the Prime Video Sports team, and we’re looking for technical leaders to help revolutionize the way our customers enjoy live sports. We are expanding not just the breadth of live content we offer but also the depth of the experience. This is a transformative opportunity, the chance to be in the vanguard of a program that will revolutionize Prime Video and the live streaming experience of customers everywhere.
We emphasize work-life harmony and a fun work environment with regular happy hours.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one software programming language
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Graduate degree or equivalent experience in a related technical field
- Fluency in more than one programming language (e.g. Java, C++, Go, Kotlin, Clojure, Scala, Ruby, Python, Perl)
- Knowledge of functional architecture a plus
- Working knowledge of service-oriented patterns
- Experience with highly scalable products
- Experience with AWS services
- Experience with Graph Databases preferred
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.