Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Our mission is simple: Amazon strives to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online.
At Amazon Books we believe reading is essential for a healthy society; our mission is to inspire readers by making it easy to read more and get more out of reading. Everyone in our team has a meaningful impact on delighting our customers.
We are looking for a talented, smart and highly analytical Senior Instock and Supply Chain Manager with passion to secure product availability, large scale impact and operational improvements, with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. The candidate must be fluent in German and English.
You will be responsible for Vendors’ Operational Excellence, Product Availability and Inventory Health. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Drive maximum product availability while trading-off between healthy inventory levels and delivery speed
- Analyze both supply chain related processes and large data sets, identify improvement potentials and system enhancement opportunities to make clear recommendations for business actions and own the implementation of changes
- Drive and own the development of metrics and analytics: audit existing metrics and suggest new KPIs to track continuous improvement; be responsible for reporting to senior leadership
- Join forces and collaborate with multiple different stakeholders, including Tech teams, Vendor Management and Operations, as well as external Vendors
- Force-multiply solutions in a worldwide organization collaborating across geographies while considering local peculiarities
- University degree required, ideally in a technical or analytical discipline, industrial engineering or business administration
- Multiple years of track record in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Consulting, ideally in a global context
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Expert knowledge of Excel
- Fluent English and German languages, excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience in Retail and/or eCommerce.
- Experience in BI tools e.g. Tableau, Quicksight and management reporting
- Ability to write SQL queries
- MBA or MSc
- Trained in process improvement or quality assurance, Kaizen or Six Sigma
Are you interested? We look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.