Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Join us to create a new team for a new AWS service!
We bring the power of Machine Learning () to new application fields. With products such as Amazon Transcribe, Amazon Rekognition and Amazon Sagemaker, we are setting the standard for high-performance, easy-to-use and cost-effective services. Our team expands this portfolio to new applications and industries.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will play a key role in building a new team and leading it into uncharted territory. The team will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and deploying distributed machine learning systems and large-scale solutions for our world-wide customer base. You will collaborate closely with a team of scientists to influence our overall strategy and define the team’s road map. You will also drive the system architecture, spearhead best practices that enable a quality product, and help coach and develop junior engineers. A successful candidate will have an established background in engineering distributed software systems, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
• 10+ years of industry experience of which at least 3 years acting as Tech Team Lead or Architect
• Extensive experience building large-scale, distributed systems
• Strong programming skills in at least one object-oriented language (such as C++, C#, , etc.)
• Experience in design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Advanced degree such as Master of Science (MS), or PhD
• Experience in Internet of Things (IoT) development, including IoT frameworks, embedded software, development, web development, communication protocols, embedded Linux
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Our salaries are