Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Come be a part of a rapidly expanding $25 billion-dollar global business. At Amazon Business, we set out every day to innovate and disrupt the status quo. We stand at the intersection of tech and retail in the B2B space developing innovative purchasing and procurement solutions to help businesses and organizations reimagine buying. Bring your insight, imagination and a healthy disregard for the impossible. Join us in building and celebrating the value of Amazon Business to buyers and sellers of all sizes, unlocking our potential worldwide. Would you like to own driving revenue and customer engagements for an innovative leader in the Procurement industry? Would you like to be a part of a rapidly growing team focused on increasing adoption of Amazon Business by engaging with our largest Enterprise customers?
The Amazon Business team is dedicated to developing solutions that make it easy for business customers to buy on Amazon.com. Strategic Customer Advisors are an integral component to the team as a key customer facing representative. As a Strategic Customer Advisor, you will have the exciting opportunity to drive the full sales life cycle of our largest businesses with annual revenues $5B+ from prospecting to strategic account growth.
The ideal candidate will have B2B sales experience including identifying, developing, negotiating, and closing large scale deals. Candidate should be a self-starter with a proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals. A Strategic Customer Advisor requires the ability to understand the company: must have an intimate, sophisticated understanding of the account’s strategy, market position, finances, products, systems and organizational structure. As an Advisor, you will work backwards and use data to build the business case that will deliver value for the customer. You will identify gaps and innovate. A Strategic Customer Advisor requires the ability to think and act independently within a fast-paced multi-task driven environment. He/She is excited to go above and beyond for customers while operating in a collaborative, fast-moving environment while being comfortable with change.
Roles & Responsibilities: Develop a strategic account management plan within assigned territory of named Fortune 500 accounts, including but not limited to:
• Own and manage relationships with multiple C Suite stakeholders within named accounts.
• Develop and nurture prospect pipeline while balancing customers in various stages of their procurement journey with Amazon Business.
• Engage in discovery to develop an ideal solution utilizing a diverse suite of product features. You will assess account needs and identify gaps then advise on solutions. At times this will include collaborating on projects with other teams to meet the customer’s goals.
• Grow customer relationships within an account while expanding your understanding of the customer’s business.
• Represent the Voice of Customer by working cross-functionally with Product Management, Professional Services, Tech and other key internal Amazon stakeholders.
• Analyze sales data from your accounts to evolve your go to market strategy to meet your goals.
This role can be located out of any of the Amazon Business locations in the United States, which include Austin TX, Boston MA, Arlington VA, Chicago IL, New York NY, Tempe AZ and Seattle WA.
- 10+ years of B2B and/or Enterprise sales experience with a focus on solution consulting
- Experience in identifying, developing, negotiating, and closing large-scale purchasing contracts or software agreements
- Experience in positioning and selling innovative solutions to new customers and market segments
- Proven track record in identifying and pursuing a large number of accounts over the phone, with ability to close in person
- Ability to think and act independently within a fast-paced multi-task driven environment
- Experience in proactively growing customer relationships within an account while expanding their understanding of the customer’s business
- Strong ability to communicate and present to internal and external senior leadership
- Ability to travel for internal business presentations and customer meetings
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience required
- Collaborative, fast-moving, and comfortable with change
- Excited to go above and beyond for customers
- Ability to assess account needs and identify gaps
- Leadership experience (ideal if you have led a cross-functional team)
- Procurement knowledge (ideal if you have had 3-4 years of direct procurement related experience)
- Global business experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to build rapport and establish credibility with internal stakeholders, leadership and customers
- Basic management and financial knowledge
• 10+ years of sales experience selling to Fortune 1000 senior leadership.
• Entrepreneurial background with proven ability to deal with ambiguity, pivot quickly, adapt new process and run fast.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.