Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you want to reinvent the shopping experience for fashion products while working with state-of-art technology? If so, come join us as Software Development Engineer to build an innovative consumer experience from the ground up.
We aim to offer customers an easy, fun, and confidence inspiring way to evaluate how fashion items will fit and flatter their unique bodies through Virtual Try-On (VTO). We are creating immersive try-on experiences that help customers know how products look on their bodies before they ship, while transforming Amazon shopping into a personalized journey of inspiration, discovery, and evaluation.
We are looking for a passionate Software Development Engineer who loves solving hard problems to be a part of a highly self-motivated team in building a delightful, early-stage customer experience. Our technical challenges involve a combination of full-stack software engineering from beautiful frontend user interface to highly scalable backend system, and cutting-edge science innovation. As a software engineer on the team:
- You will build and own full stack of software that leverages AWS, React.JS, machine learning (ML), and computer graphics technologies (2D/3D).
- You will build a customer facing product across the whole software development life cycle in an entrepreneurial, start-up like environment.
- You will design and build distributed systems, building front end applications and backend services that can scale to millions of requests, delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- You will build software that scales effortlessly, has low latency, is robust and extensible.
- You will work with cross-functional teams including UI/UX designers, machine learning scientists, product managers, and other software engineers.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Strong practical understanding of Computer Science fundamentals including Object Oriented Design, data structures and algorithms
- Experience in mentoring and coaching other software developers.
- Experience with front-end development.
- Experience with mobile application development.
- Experience with machine learning technology, either in the cloud or on-device.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers from ground up.
- Experience getting things done through collaboration with engineers on multiple teams.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.