Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) QuickSight is looking to hire talented frontend engineer to build world class experiences and services for our customers. AWS QuickSight is a fast, easy-to-use cloud-based, serverless Business Intelligence (BI) service designed for easy deployment to tens of thousands of users. As a fully-managed SaaS application, there’s no need to buy, manage and scale servers and no software to deploy and upgrade. QuickSight is deeply integrated with AWS data sources, allowing companies to deploy secure and scalable BI with their data on AWS.
You partner with UX designers, product managers, stakeholders and customers to build delightful user experiences for complex authoring and data visualization use cases. Additionally, you build fundamental frontend architectural components, including the design system, performance and accessibility frameworks utilized by larger frontend engineering community at QuickSight.
The ideal candidate will bring deep technical and leadership experience to work with team of rock star engineers to drive design and architecture decisions that impact long term vision. The decisions are crucial in how the customers around the world analyze and visualize data. If this sounds like a project you’ve been working towards and would like to deliver, please contact us today, and let’s talk about how you can be a part of it.
Key job responsibilities
- Architect, design, develop and deploy new features for Amazon QuickSight
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing experiences
- Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews.
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Work in an agile / scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
- Establish architectural principles, select design patterns, and mentor team members on their appropriate application.
- Help define and implement standards and promote best practices for the frontend development community including accessibility, performance, localization, scaling using micro-frontends etc
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
A day in the life
You would work hand in hand with dedicated designers and product managers to architect and deliver specific product features. This role is a mix of 70% hands on development and 30% leadership, collaboration and mentoring. You will be actively coaching other engineers directly or through code/design reviews to raise the bar on code development practices.
You will be able to assimilate research data and work with your manager/product manager/principal engineers to help define short and long terms vision.
You will have opportunity to leave a lasting thumbprint on solutions used by millions of users.
About the team
We are a close knit and strong engineering team. It is a good mix of senior engineering talent to new grads. We have built strong frontend engineering talent in this team steadily. We are also supported by dedicated designers, product managers, UX and user researchers as well as SDETs. The team operates with autonomy and in a fast-paced startup-like setting.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related field and 3+ years of professional experience
- Experience developing software under UNIX/Linux environments.
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, OO design patterns, web application design and SOA
- Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture/design/working software solutions.
- Code and test system components; participate in code and design reviews.
- Demonstrate ownership of end-to-end code quality, system tests, functional tests, and integration.
- Partner/Collaborate across teams/roles to deliver results.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, startup-like environment
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Experience with responsive web design and the ability to deliver outstanding functionality across devices and platforms.
- Experience with owning and maintaining high level of engineering operational excellence on applications in production at scale.
- Experience building complex web-based applications utilizing strong design system adherence
- Experience with building front end engineering platform stack for cross-team or cross product use
- Experience with development on the AWS platform
- Experience with data visualization software is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.