Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon’s Perfect Order Experience team works to ensure that customers can buy with confidence on Amazon.com. We design and implement policies, tools and technology innovations to protect the buying experience on Amazon while minimizing friction for sellers. Our greatest challenge is protecting Buyer trust without unjustly harming good selling partners. To strike the right balance, we invest in mechanisms which allow us to accurately identify and mitigate risk, and to quickly correct and learn from our mistakes. This strategy includes continuously evolving enforcement policies, iterating our Machine Learning risk models, and exercising highjudgement decisionmaking where we cannot apply automation.
We are looking for a Business Analyst with a passion for using data to discover and solve real world problems. You will enjoy working with one of the richest data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights drive the creation of real tools and features for our customers and thousands of Selling Partners participating in our Store on a regular basis. The perfect candidate will have passion and experience analyzing data and using that analysis to drive key insights and recommendations. As a business analyst you will also build reports and metrics, drive ad hoc analysis and communicate insights to key stakeholders. You will not only execute on the required skills but also be able to influence, educate, and drive results in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment. You will also work closely with our worldwide Program and Product Managers, and must keep up with knowledge of the organization’s roadmap.
Key job responsibilities
• Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc.
• Partner with operations/business teams to consult, develop and implement KPI’s, automated reporting/process solutions, and process improvements to meet business needs.
• Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
• Prepare and deliver business requirements reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks.
• Participate in strategic and tactical planning discussions. Preparing and delivering business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks.
• Design, develop and maintain scaled, automated, user-friendly systems, reports, dashboards, etc. that will support our business needs.
- 3+ years relevant experience in financial/business analysis
- Experience defining requirements and using data and metrics to draw business insights
- Experience making business recommendations and influencing stakeholders
- Experience with SQL
- Experience in Excel
• Demonstrated Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and analytical platforms.
• Proven experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting, familiarity with data visualization tools, e.g. Tableau.
• Demonstrated ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner.
• Analytical mindset in breaking down complex problems, and a self-starter to get things done and deliver results.
• Ability to exercise judgment when policies are not well-defined.
• Knowledge of multiple search engines and tools in conducting open-source searches.
• Ability to function effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• A passionate individual who possesses strong judgment and good instincts, as well as a curious and inquiring mind and one who earns trust by delivering results.
• Demonstrated ability in handling strategic and confidential projects, data-analysis and report writing.
• Demonstrated skill and passion for problem solving and operational excellence.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• 5+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analysis role.
• Advanced technical or business degree (MS or MBA).
• Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.
• Superior verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively with multiple teams and external organizations.
• Knowledge about retail and social media ecosystems.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.