Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Alexa Artificial Intelligence team is responsible for the smart, instantly familiar, and universal personal assistant — Alexa. We are looking for Software Development Engineers to join a world class engineering team that is changing the way people interact with digital personal assistants anytime and anywhere. You will have the opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a broad range of services that power Alexa intelligence, understanding, and decision-making.
We’re looking for a Software Development Engineer to help build industry-leading conversational technologies and machine learning systems that customers love. The ideal candidate is passionate about customers and running a highly available, cloud-based distributed platform. You will work in a close-knit team environment that is highly collaborative. Prior domain knowledge including Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Natural Language Understanding is preferred, though not required. In this role you will be given the opportunity to learn skills in these areas on the job.
As part of the Alexa Artificial Intelligence team you will:
- Help define product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best engineering practices
- Design and build systems that scale across millions of active users and devices
- Partner with scientists and other engineers to invent, implement, and connect novel algorithms to our cloud based engines
- Operate in an Agile environment to deliver high quality software that makes a large customer impact
Our team is growing and we are looking for an engineer that is excited to work on cutting-edge Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Natural Language Understanding solutions to deliver new Alexa capabilities to make Alexa smarter and faster. You will build novel software solutions to improve Alexa’s intelligent decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or related technical field
- 3+ years experience with programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Perl or Python and open-source technologies (Apache, Hadoop)
- 3+ years experience with OO design and common design pattern
- 3+ years experience with data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or related technical field
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
- Ability to prototype and evaluate applications and interaction methodologies
- Academic and/or industry experience with standard AI and ML techniques, NLU and scientific thinking
- Experience working effectively with science, data processing, and software engineering teams
- Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly
- Written and verbal technical communication skills with an ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.