Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Want to make Database history?
Come and join the AISPL Database Business Development team and help our India customers realize the value of our DynamoDB, Redshift and Amazon Relational Database (RDS) services. Thousands of customers run managed databases on Amazon’s industry leading cloud computing platform. As a Business Development Manager within the AISPL, you would be able to shape the future of the Database Platform industry and further establish Amazon as the leader in the cloud computing space.
You would use your business savvy to drive growth, execute BD programs and identify new markets and opportunities. You would work directly with the most interesting and demanding customers to understand their requirements and turn them into reality. Working hand in hand with our business development teams and solution architects, you would help deliver the finest solutions based on our platform of Database services. Your in-depth knowledge of the database market, (especially Oracle, SQL Server, and Open Source engines) will help customers understand how to improve their businesses using the right Database services. Your excellent verbal and written communication skills will allow you to evangelize our Database platform with our enterprise customers, start-ups and valued partners. You will synthesize data and information gathered from these engagements into succinct findings, derive strategic insights and persuasively communicate findings and perspectives to product and account teams including senior management.
The ideal candidate will possess business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, to ensure better CX and compliance with global AWS standards, practices and policies, as well as having a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Key job responsibilities
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Drive database segment growth and help land marketing, business development, and technical strategies for the Database industry in India.
• Execute GTM plans for Amazon RDS Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server and Open Source engines.
• Define and size target market segments, customer base, and key partners including ISVs and system integrators.
• Create strategic business development plans for target markets and ensure these plans are in line with the AISPL strategic direction.
• Develop industry-specific messaging and collateral materials that effectively communicate the AISPL value proposition for enterprise cloud computing, including datacenter-to-cloud extension and migration.
• Execute the strategic business development plans while working closely with internal stakeholders (e.g. BD, marketing, & partner teams, solution architects, professional services and support teams, legal and contract teams, and the AISPL service teams)
• Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
• Fill the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
• Understand the unique business & technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for our largest and most complex customers.
• Understand and exploit the use of Salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems for campaign tracking and pipeline management.
• Prepare and present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new enterprise customers.
• Manage complex enterprise contract negotiations, in cooperation with AISPL legal and professional services teams.
• Clearly articulate the Database Platform propositions to customers, partners and internal staff.
• Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
• Creative prospecting through campaigns, business partners, and other activities to identify new customers.
• The right person have spent at least 10+ years selling Database solutions.
• Ideally have in depth knowledge in Oracle and/or SQL Server RDBMS and/or Open Source Database products. Experience in Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence/Analytics tools is also an advantage.
• Demonstrated ability to close Enterprise accounts in India.
• Have demonstrated experience in developing GTM strategies performing roles such as business development, enterprise sales, or program/product management.
• Should have demonstrated an ability to work in matrix organization with multiple stakeholders.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key.
• Technical and/or business degree required.
• Experience working within the technology industry is highly desired.
• Experience with cloud computing and or related fields (IT, software, etc) . MBA or equivalent background helpful.
Job Location – Bangalore / Mumbai / Delhi