Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The AWS Deals Desk Financial Analyst will support the rapidly growing AWS organization by driving the financial analysis of deals with external customers. This is a high visibility role partnering with sales team, sales operations, business development, and services finance on complex customer deals. The successful candidate will help drive AWS growth by providing financial stewardship and analytical insights into key financial and operational performance metrics. This role will be a strategic partner to the business in evaluating the economics of complex deals as well as assisting in operational processes, business expansion and support planning/forecasting.
The candidate will be responsible for building and developing the models, tools and mechanisms necessary to address business opportunities, drive automation, improve internal controls, and earn trust across AWS. This candidate will be responsible for providing cross functional leadership across multiple teams and initiatives, including other finance and operations teams within the organization. This person must have a passion for detail and the ability to dive deep into the foundational building blocks of the AWS Services, Sales Organization and Business Development Organizations.
• Understand the various AWS Services, its economics and how it impacts the profitability of a customer.
• Develop financial models that calculates customer profitability.
• Deliver Finance leadership to the Sales, Sales Operation, Business development, and Service Finance teams.
• Providing leadership, guidance and implementation on driving process improvement.
• Possess the passion and demonstrated skills for developing relationships, processes and continuous improvement.
• Ability to work with minimal direction in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- 3+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field.
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent.
- Exceptional analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to build financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
- Experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using advanced Excel functionality and providing recommendations based on results to senior management for strategic decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Must be comfortable working in cross functional teams
- Ability to work across all levels of management
- SQL and VBA skills a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.