Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon’s financial focus is on long-term, sustainable growth in free cash flow. Amazon seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Free Cash Flow (FCF) team.
Key job responsibilities
- Lead capital expenditure (capex) reporting for all Plan, Forecast and Actual reporting cycles
- Financial analyses and narratives related to capital expenditures
- Define requirements for and prioritize projects to improve reporting accuracy and automation
- Ad hoc financial analysis and data support for business teams
A day in the life
This highly visible role will be responsible for the forecasting, reporting and analysis of Amazon’s capital expenditures through close collaborations with business finance teams across Amazon. This individual will dive deep to gain a comprehensive understanding of the drivers of free cash flow and prepare insightful analyses and narratives for Amazon’s CFO and the senior leadership team. This role will be a key business partner to Accounting, Tax, and Treasury and provide inputs for our cash and tax forecasts.
About the team
Corporate Finance Planning & Analysis (FP&A) provides strategic support to Amazon’s CFO and executive team (S-team) on enterprise-wide planning, analysis, and reporting. Our team is responsible for the production and administration of several key finance deliverables.
- key month-end and quarter-end processes;
- planning processes including quarterly estimates, the annual operating plan, and the 3-year forecast;
- company-wide S-team goal review processes;
- headcount-related reporting; and
- other exciting ad-hoc projects for our leadership team.
- 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
- MBA or MS in Finance, Economics or a related field
- Experience in Accounting, Corporate FP&A or Business Finance functions
- Background in financial statement analysis and knowledge of general accounting principles
- Experience in financial reporting and scalable processes
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly analytical and detailed oriented
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.