Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you want to build cutting-edge AI/ML technologies that reinvent the user experience for Amazon devices! Do you want to work alongside a team of passionate and talented scientists and engineers on innovative solutions for complex problems? The Device AI team at Amazon seeks to hire a Senior Applied Scientist who has a solid background in design and development of scalable AI/ML models, deep passion for building end-to-end products, strong ability to communicate scientific ideas and results, and has a proven track record of executing complex projects and delivering high business impact.
The long-term vision of the Device AI team is to make Amazon devices effortlessly engaging for all our customers. We are creating an experience that understands why and when customers engage with different types of contents and functionalities, and build our products to foresee and satisfy those needs. We are building the capabilities to give Amazon devices the ability to help customers discover and find all types of relevant contents and services (apps, games, videos, eBooks, music, audiobooks, news, etc.) in the right time and location via recommendations, suggestions, search, notifications, marketing campaigns, or ads. We also build state-of-the-art foundational technologies for understanding the user intent and behavior and its long-term impact on engagement and monetization, leveraging privacy-preserving machine learning on the edge, and enabling our customers to better leverage Alexa’s capabilities on their devices.
As a Senior Applied Scientist you will lead the design, development and improvement of ML models and pipelines for different products. In this role, you will be expected to:
- Work with Applied Scientists, Research Scientists, ML Engineers and product partners to design and deliver machine learning solutions in production at scale.
- Design and develop ML models, workflows and end-to-end pipelines for data preparation, training, deployment, monitoring, etc., and ensure the quality of architecture and design of our ML models and infrastructure.
- Deliver customer facing and/or underlying AI/ML solutions that empower our devices to provide the best experience for our customers.
You can choose to work in Sunnyvale, Seattle, Irvine, New York or Austin!
- PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
- 3+ years of experience in building machine learning models for business application
- Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
- PhD in Computer Science or related fields with a focus on Machine Learning
- Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals or a proven track record of industry innovation in creating novel solutions and advancing the state of the art.
- 7+ years of experience building scalable machine learning models and infrastructure for recommender systems, search, ranking, ads or similar.
- Experience with machine learning libraries and deep learning frameworks (MXNet, TensorFlow, etc.)
- Experience with Apache Spark and Amazon AWS platform (SageMaker, Redshift, EMR, Glue, Step Functions, Lambda, Batch, etc.).
- Experience with end-to-end software development and life cycle of machine learning solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts and solutions to all levels of the organization
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.