Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Job Profile Catalog Associate Retail Business Services (RBS)
Amazon.com operates in a virtual, global ecommerce environment without boundaries, and operates a diverse set of businesses in nine countries, including Retail, third party marketplaces, ecommerce platforms, web services for developers.
The RBS group is an integral part of Amazon online product lifecycle and buying operations. The team is designed to ensure Amazon remains competitive in the online retail space with the best price, wide selection and good product information. The team’s primary role is to create and enhance retail selection on the worldwide Amazon online catalog. The tasks handled by this group have a direct impact on customer buying decisions and online user experience.
The Catalog Associate is the entry-level role in the RBS organization. In this role, the individual works on one or more critical tasks for a particular retail product category. These tasks include (but are not limited to) populating/procuring content for the product catalogs on the Amazon Web Site, interacting/coordinating with vendors/manufacturers, identifying and correcting errors/complaints, maintaining records of work received and work performed. Also, the individual works lead generation & qualification tasks related to recruit new vendors (manufacturers/distributors) as well as to assess their eligibility to work with Amazon, and helps to provide vendor managers with all information required to recruit and onboard vendors to make their selection available on our websites. The individual is expected to perform these tasks by using fair judgment in understanding instructions provided by the Process Lead/Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Handle the day-to-day volumes of the assigned tasks and ensure the given SLAs(Service Level Agreement) are met per quality standards.
• Maintain records of day-to-day work by updating trackers to reflect work done
• If there is a possible default on SLAs(Service Level Agreement) or quality, flag the escalation in time to the manager or lead
• Communication with vendors/buyers/Customer Service/Fulfillment Center via business mail; receiving/analyzing/ inspecting the query from Customer Service/Fulfillment Center and ensure them resolved properly.
• Excellent written and reading and good oral skills in Japanese
• Good communication skills ability to communicate with internal/external stakeholders clearly and concisely
• Basic MS Excel skills. Eg. data entry/filter/common formula/pivot table
• Familiarity with navigating the internet research techniques on the internet and finding required information quickly
• Ability to dive deep into a problem, perform ‘Root Cause Analysis’ and identify constraints to recommend a solution
• Fast learner
• Ability to work under pressure with high volume workloads or complex circumstances; comply with Service Level Agreement is also required
• Enable work during weekends and holidays
• JLPT N1
• College degree or above, with oversea experience or work experience in Japanese is preferred
• Fair listening and speaking skills in English
• 3-5 years of experience in data-driven business operations processes Business Process Outsourcing, Operations processes where associates are required to handle large volume of data as part of their daily tasks and take decisions based on analysis of such data
• Experience working on process improvement processes like Kaizen etc. is a plus
• Excellent MS Excel skills ability to mine voluminous data for specific detail according to instructions provided
• Experience working on team management
• VBA, SQL knowledge or skills are preferred