Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Would you like to engage with organizations to help them achieve extensive business value by migrating and modernizing technology landscapes to AWS? Are you interested in helping them to retire technical debt and accelerate innovation?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we’re hiring Application Modernization Solution Architects to work with and enable our enterprise account teams and customers to accelerate their cloud adoption journey. Driving customer engagements, you will have an exciting opportunity to help customers maximize the benefits of the cloud through application modernization. You must be effective at working with customer and partner leadership to qualify, develop, and close deals around migrating and modernizing applications, including large-scale data center migrations, SAP, VMware, and custom application refactoring.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside our enterprise account teams and solution architects to help customers accelerate their cloud migration journey, and modernize their business on AWS. Working with strategic customers, you will help them transform existing workloads by designing modern target architectures optimized for business agility, innovation, performance, resiliency, cost, and more. You would focus on understanding our customer’s key business drivers as well as the existing application architecture(s) to deliver a technical assessment to the customer, then use these inputs to design reliable and scalable cloud architectures, as well as help build the overall migration plan.
You will also collaborate with Business Development, Professional Services, and our Partner team to ensure successful management of customer progression through programs like the AWS Migration Acceleration Program. You will have the ability to gain hands-on technical credibility with internal as well as customer technical leaders, and will mentor other AWS solution architects on migration best practices.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
- Creating, articulating, and positioning an innovative and compelling value proposition so that customer executives clearly realize the benefits and transformation value of migrating to AWS
- Defining and executing technical migration and modernization strategies by working with highly technical teams within AWS (Solutions Architects, Technical Account Managers, Professional Services consultants and Managed services partners)
- Delivering modern architectures such as micro services and event driven architectures using managed services and cloud native capabilities.
- Engaging with development, infrastructure, security and IT operations teams at the customer and identifying repeatable patterns and architectures for cloud migration
- Driving the co-development of new go-to-market approaches and opportunities with the Geo business lead.
- Identifying platform improvements, influencing future iterations of the AWS platform and the Migration Acceleration Program
We will consider candidates near any AWS office across the Central or Western US, including: Dallas, Austin, Chicago, Minneapolis, Detroit, Seattle, San Francisco, Irvine, Denver, and Tempe.
- 3+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience in applications or infrastructures
- 8+ years within specific technology domain areas (e.g. software development, cloud computing, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics)
- 8+ yrs experience in a Solutions Architect, Enterprise Architect, or Lead Architect role leading the discovery, design, and construction of full stack custom and commercial off the shelf applications.
- Experience architecting, designing, migrating workloads to the public cloud
- Experience in a range of migration discovery, profiling, migration automation, and operations technologies and tools
- Undergraduate degree or 7+ years of experience in software design, implementation, or consulting experience with distributed applications in lieu of no Bachelor’s degree or equivalent military experience
- Willingness to travel to customer locations as needed. Estimated 30% travel requirement
- Multi-tier distributed architecture experience within IT consulting, IT operations, application development or support to include the following: experience migrating, architecting, operating on premises or cloud-based solutions, or experience transforming legacy IT solutions, and working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- 5+ years across Enterprise IT in multiple of the following areas: Infrastructure architecture; Database architecture; Networking; Zero downtime migrations, IT Security; Data Center Operations, Cloud operating models, Software design or development, Serverless architecture, Microservice architecture, full stack application design
- 5+ Experience architecting highly available, resilient, fault tolerant systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal/vertical scaling and high availability
- Previous experience leading data center or cloud migration projects
- Understanding large IT budgets, complex vendor relationships, and working with diverse teams to justify cloud migrations
- Depth in various migration techniques such as re-host, refactor, re-architect, re-platform, repurchase, etc.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.