Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Operations Technology is looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer to join our Network Automation and Orchestration team in Austin. In this role you will be solving challenging problems and developing scalable, high-performing solutions that require minimal long term sustaining and development support. Our team is responsible for all global core services and infrastructure within the Operations Technology space; our systems support over 100,000 Amazonians and hundreds of thousands of IP enabled devices. We build software which scales to support all of Amazon’s network infrastructure. You will work to create scalable software solutions to safely deploy configuration for infrastructure devices in our fulfillment centers.
In this role, you will partner with Systems Engineers, Network Engineers and Software Engineers globally to develop simple and efficient technology that supports our Fulfillment Centers and Transportation Sites. You will work with a wide variety of technologies and projects that range from third party enterprise solutions to open source and proprietary inventions. Technicians and Engineers worldwide will look to you for mentorship, guidance and solutions to complex business problems that are truly unique to Amazon. We value performance, simplicity, and scalability in our designs. In your day-to-day work you will focus on automation of complex tasks to allow our business to scale with customer demand.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures & algorithms, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- 3+ years experience in multiple modern programming and scripting languages.
- 3+ years experience in Amazon Web Services or another Cloud service platform.
- 2+ years experience in a DevOps environment supporting large scale production environment.
- Passionate about solving technical and business problems.
- Being coachable, quick to learn, and working in ambiquity.
- Ability to produce high quality technical and supporting documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technology related field or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience with networking concepts and automation
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional system engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within our team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.