Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
This is a position based in Costa Rica and does not offer relocation benefits. Job applicants must be located and legally authorized to work in Costa Rica in order to be eligible for consideration.
The Amazon Vision Operations Center (AVOC) currently handles remote resolution of technologies that employ machine learning. Our strategy is to employ a human-as-sensor model and allow humans to perform just those portions of a task that require higher order cognitive ability.
Our AVOC New Business Development (NBD) Training Team is looking for a Training Manager I to work with new technology program launches and driving training strategy for the SJO and Nashville team.
The Training Manager I will create training strategy for program launches based on instructional design models to ensure training effectiveness and high learner experience. The Training Manager I will also work cross-functionally with other verticals such as project managers and operations managers to drive success in customer satisfaction for all machine learning and prototype program launches.
The person in this role will perform training needs analysis, design, develop and deliver content from program launches and provide training data insights to stakeholders as well as manage and support strategic learning and development initiatives in the New Business Development Team.
The Training Manager must have strong communication and executive presence skills; must be detail-oriented and data driven to deliver high-quality learning experiences that support the NBD team strategy.
Role responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Create training strategy for new program launches by implementing comprehensive, innovate and measurable learning solutions.
- Manage and support training strategic initiatives related to learning and development and career development.
- Work closely with stakeholders to implement programs that deliver sustainable learning methods to drive high performance and customer satisfaction.
- Manage onboarding programs for leaders.
- Deliver program training sessions or refreshers in groups or in 1:1s.
- Conduct periodic training needs assessment and analysis to recommend learning and development initiatives.
- Coach & provide individual skills tutoring during classes as needed.
- Become proficient in business processes.
- Contribute and lead the creation of E-learning databases.
- Continually evaluate training solutions for quality, business impact, and scalability.
- Define training standard operating procedures.
- Manage training metrics, data and reporting.
- Perform Training Assistants’ calibration mechanisms through class observation and feedback loop.
This is not a virtual position. Due to the current situation caused by COVID-19, if selected for this role, all necessary equipment will be provided for you to work from home. However, once our company allows it and gives clearance, you will be required to continue working from our SJO19 building, located in the America Free Zone (AFZ), Cariari, Heredia.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Amazon is a multi-national technology company and being proficient in English is a required qualification. CVs must be submitted in English a our recruitment team works in several jurisdictions.
- 2+ years of experience in Training and/or Learning management roles in corporate environments.
- 1+ year(s) of experience in training process standards: training needs analysis, training planning, training design, delivery, training assessment based on performance data and training logistics.
- 1+ years of experience in stakeholder management.
- Working proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Advanced English & Spanish proficiency (C1 level or native).
- University bachelor’s degree concluded.
- People management experience.
- Working experience in learning management systems and E-Learning software (Articulate Storyline, Articulate 360, and Captivate); and/or training instructional design models such as ADDIE or AGILE.
- Six Sigma Green/Black belt certified.