Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you want to apply machine learning techniques and advanced statistical modeling to solve real world problems to help Amazon reach and delight millions of customers around the world? Do you want to play a crucial role in the future of Amazon?
Every time an Amazon customer makes an order they leverage the most advanced and sophisticated supply chain the world has ever seen, Amazon Operations, and its global network comprising of cutting edge software, fulfillment centers, sort centers, delivery stations, airports, customer service centers, physical stores, robots, airplanes, trucks, vans, trucks, world class employees, trusted partners, and more. Conducting a symphony of this scale comes with significant costs. It also comes with the largest repository of supply chain data to exist that’s growing by billions of data points by the minute.
Here in Consumer Controllership Data Science our data scientists raise the bar on our ability to fulfill promises to customers at greater convenience, speed, and value through:
- Leveraging the largest repository of supply chain data to ever exist to develop models to forecast, classify, and detect anomalous costs.
- Working with technical and non-technical customers across every step of data science project life cycle.
- Collaborating with our dedicated product, data engineering, and software development teams to create production implementations for large-scale data analysis.
- Developing an understanding of key business metrics / KPIs and providing clear, compelling analysis that shapes the direction of our business.
- Presenting research results to our internal research community.
- Leading training and informational sessions on our science and capabilities.
Your contributions will be seen and recognized broadly within Amazon, potentially contributing to the Amazon research corpus and patent portfolio.
This role can work out of the following locations: Seattle, Bellevue, Austin, Arlington, Santa Monica, or Toronto.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
- 2 years working as a Data Scientist
- Experience with AWS technologies (Sagemaker, Redshift, Athena, IAM, EC2, S3)
- Deep understanding of corporate procurement and their cost drivers
- Experience working on problems of a financial nature
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.