Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you want to be part of a new engineering team that is building from the ground up at Amazon? Can you commit to building a new service with a high level of integrity and discretion in handling sensitive information? Do you have a passion for bringing the best experience to our customers?
In this team you will have the opportunity to:
- Solve challenging problems at significant scale
- Work on innovative systems that are still in their beginning stages
- Be an actively contributing member of an agile development team, and have a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of a mission critical project
- Work in a start-up environment with the backing of a strong corporate support culture within Amazon
We are looking for software developers with expertise and passion for building large scale distributed systems and services. In this role, you will have responsibility for:
- Building functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Coding and testing complex system components
- Participating in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
- Mentoring other engineers, defining our technical culture, and helping to build a new fast-growing team
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline
- 3+ years of industry experience writing large scale systems
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience working within either agile or traditional waterfall software development lifecycles
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, , C#, or Java
- Experience building complex software systems successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Write high quality code that is robust and easy to maintain
- Understanding of system performance and scaling
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Possess good communication skills, sharp analytical abilities, and proven design skills
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs
- Experience debugging, diagnosing, and trouble-shooting complex, production software is a plus
- Experience writing multi-threaded programs requiring concurrency and synchronization primitives is a plus
- Experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems is a plus
- Masters or PhD in computer science preferred
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $93,800 – $160,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.