- Solution Consultant, Amazon Business Professional Services - Chicago, IL
- Manager, Solution Consulting, Amazon Business Professional Services - Chicago, IL
- IT - Consultant | Cloud Platform | Amazon Application Architecture Principles - Chicago, IL
- SALESFORCE DEVELOPER – Amazon Connect - remote position - Chicago, IL
- Manager, Programmatic (Amazon/eCommerce) Chicago, Illinois - Chicago, IL
Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. The Harris Poll recently found Amazon to be the most trusted company in the United States, with products and services ranked over Apple and Google. One of those products is Amazon Web Services (AWS). Since early 2006, AWS has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure platform in the cloud.
On the AWS Finance team you are surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. To support this quickly growing business, you must be highly analytical and possess a strong passion for analytics and accountability, setting high standards, and razor-sharp accuracy. We take working hard, having fun, and making history seriously and you should too!
This role is on the AWS Infrastructure team. We provide end-to-end financial support driving AWS to be the low cost provider in Cloud computing and leader in customer experience. This includes supporting business owners in building, operating and innovating our Cloud data centers. We support operations, business development, and engineering. You should be passionate about producing financial analysis enabling management to make breakthrough decisions, drive cash flow, and ultimately delight our customers.
Specifically, we are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our worldwide Data Center Innovation Finance (DCIF) team. The DCIF team supports the Data Center Engineering team, responsible for designing and building data center capacity, and includes functions like procurement & supply chain, infrastructure energy, construction and design engineering. This role mainly collaborates with construction and design engineering.
Key responsibilities in this role include:
- Serve as the key business partner to the Design Engineering, Innovation and Controls teams working directly with AWS senior management and other internal stakeholders to provide financial recommendations on electrical and mechanical innovations that should be included in the next generation of data center designs.
- Develop ad-hoc business analysis and present recommendations to AWS senior management around design changes introduced to Colocation facilities and the DC capital improvement process.
- Manage the financial planning and analysis effort and forecast various metrics for financial risks and opportunities.
- Report on the financial performance and lead in the preparation of weekly, monthly and annual financial review.
- Monitor compliance with controls and systems, and developing new processes and controls to support the fast-growing, global AWS business.
Key job responsibilities
This role will revolved around building the mechanisms and controls needed to correctly reflect the carbon footprint of our DC infrastructure.
DC Innovation Finance provides analytical support to the Basis of Designs (BoD) owned by DC Engineering. The BoD are our DC design guidelines and DCIF vets the financial aspects of all and any changes flowing into each BOD iteration. As part of Amazon’s Climate Pledge, this role would work with the AWS Sustainability team to assess Scope 3 emissions streaming from our DC infrastructure.
A day in the life
You will support individual DC infrastructure products (e.g. a new cooling solution for our DCs) to a program of projects (e.g. the 5 initiatives our business partners are leading to reduce the construction cycle of a DC). This means that you will run NPVs and TCOs to help your business partners make a decision and once that decision is made, you need to communicate downstream to the different AWS Finance teams that own the capital and operational budgets.
About the team
The DC Innovation Finance team is made up of subject matter experts for specific engineering or generational design fields that partner with the business to optimize the design of our DCs. As such, the team is known for having vast knowledge around engineering decisions that ultimately allows AWS to offer competitive prices to our customers.
- 3+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field.
- Previous experience successfully partnering with engineering teams
- Energy and Infrastructure finance background is highly encouraged
- Solid business judgment and controllership focus
- Advanced analytical and business sense and a keen attention to detail
- Advanced modeling skills including advanced Excel skills
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectation
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams and present ideas to a group of senior level managers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in TM1 and SQL is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.