Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Interested in solving large scale problems through application of big data, statistics, and finance? Excited to build innovative end-to-end solutions on a modern technology stack using AWS cloud? Read on.
Key job responsibilities
As an SDE in the Search Capacity team, you will:
- Use big data techniques to process large volumes of log data to predict the impact of current and planned features on utilization of Amazon Search’s computational resources.
- Enhance statistical models to detect anomalies (e.g., robots) in Amazon Search traffic and/or the computational effort required to process queries.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for improving efficiency in our Search engine to optimize the hardware spend.
- Extend Search Capacity’s central data repository to accommodate new types of data.
- Have a say in the evolution of team’s architecture and direction.
About the team
Amazon Search creates powerful, customer-focused product search solutions and technologies. Whenever a customer visits an Amazon site worldwide and types in a query or browses through product categories, our systems go to work. We design, develop, and deploy high performance, fault-tolerant, distributed search systems used by millions of Amazon customers every day.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with big data technologies (e.g., Spark, Hadoop, or Elastic MapReduce).
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems, preferably in a cloud environment like AWS, with exposure to EC2, S3, Lambda, and Redshift.
- Knowledge of statistical modeling and machine learning techniques.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, architecture, and object-oriented design).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.