Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon’s eCommerce Foundation (eCF) organization is responsible for the core components that drive the Amazon website and customer experience. Serving millions of customer page views and orders per day, eCF builds for scale. As an organization within eCF, the Business Data Technologies (BDT) group is no exception. We collect petabytes of data from thousands of data sources inside and outside Amazon including the Amazon catalog system, inventory system, customer order system, page views on the website and Alexa systems. We also support Amazon subsidiaries such as IMDB and Audible. We provide interfaces for our internal customers to access and query the data hundreds of thousands of times per day, using Amazon Web Service’s (AWS) Redshift, Hive, Spark and Oracle. We build scalable solutions that grow with the Amazon business.
BDT is growing, and the data processing landscape is shifting. Our data is consumed by thousands of teams across Amazon including Research Scientists, Machine Learning Specialists, Business Analysts and Data Engineers. BDT team is building an enterprise-wide Big Data Marketplace leveraging AWS technologies. We enable teams at Amazon to produce analytical data in any form of storage (S3, DynamoDB, Aurora, etc.) and process that data using any type of compute environment such as EMR/Spark, Redshift, Athena, and others via a common bus. We are developing innovative products including the next-generation of data catalog, data discovery engine, data transformation platform, and more with state-of-the-art user experience. We’re looking for top leaders to design and build them from the ground up.
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager Technical (PMT) who is capable of breaking down and solving complex problems, and have a strong will to get things done! An Principal PMT at Amazon works on real world problems on a global scale. They own their products end to end and influence the direction of our product and technology which impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world. You are a hands-on, pragmatic problem solver that easily balances trade-offs between competing interests. You thrive in a fast-moving team environment where you are able to juggle complex dependencies and requirements while producing optimal solutions. Ambiguity and creativity are both expected and the norm.
This unique opportunity puts you in the driver’s seat to improve the efficiency and experience for our internal and external customers.
• Driving initiatives that have direct impact worldwide
• Working with an empowered team of people in an environment that exudes customer obsession with every keystroke, every interaction
• Working closely with your users to create fly-wheel effect for Amazon teams and customers
• Networking with virtually every team within BDT as well as many outside of the team to solve collaborative problems
• Leading ambiguous and undefined problems to resolution in the face of uncertainty.
• Thinking big and working with leadership team, business stakeholders and software engineering teams to define vision, strategy and requirements.
• Delivering results by driving execution of programs spanning multiple organizations from strategy to rollout.
• Earning trust through regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control.
• Effectively cooperate with customers, technical staff and leaders, business leaders and executives in different geographical locations to define and deliver complex features.
• Ability to make sense of ambiguity, define and plan programs in a fast paced and highly-technical organization, and secure buy in from internal and external stakeholders
• Effectively manage cross functional initiatives, dependencies and bottlenecks, provide escalations management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, balance the business need versus technical constraints and minimize business benefit while building great customer experience.
• Be an effective collaborator in a cross functional team of SDMs, TPMs, PMs, FEEs, SDEs, Scientists, and PEs.
• Own all business and operational metrics for your product.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or 10+ years relevant work experience in technical product management, program management or engineering
• 5+ years experience in product management position with end to end product delivery
• Experience working with customers, technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Experience leading engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience gathering and analyzing large amounts of data and delivering continuous business improvements
• Track record of being detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to selfmotivate and follow through on projects
• Experience with front end technologies, enterprise systems, data governance (privacy, security, access, monitoring, etc)
• Effectively manage cross functional initiatives, dependencies and bottlenecks, provide escalations management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, balance the business need versus technical constraints and minimize business benefit while building great customer experience
• Strong problem solving skills: Experience using problem solving and analytical skills to solve business problems and drive process improvements
• Serve as a bridge between business need and technical implementation
• Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.