Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Imagine being a part of an agile team that shapes the future of music & podcasts, where your designs have the potential to reach millions. Envision working for a global brand, that has long-established trust with customers and the industry, that maintains the atmosphere of a start-up, where every team member has a voice in the design process and a path to grow and influence our vision and product.
Amazon Music is looking for a talented Art Director to join the design team in Brooklyn to help elevate our Marketing creative. The successful candidate will have a pulse on entertainment industry trends, a passion for aesthetic standards, and graphic design skills to delight through powerful imagery. In this role, you will maintain and help define stylistic guidelines across initiatives and execute a holistic visual approach through typography, imagery, color, and composition. You will work on multiple projects, across channels and languages, spanning creative thinking and learning about our business to deliver quality and functional results. In this role, you will always be learning new perspectives and advocating for our customers’ passions, emotions and cultural connections.
Key job responsibilities
- Execute creative projects by defining visual design approaches and developing cross-channel deliverables.
- Maintain the highest design standards, clear communication hierarchy and accessibility standards across deliverables while balancing against the brand book and style guides.
- Lead ideation, execution and delivery across web, digital, print media initiatives and marketing campaigns to delight our customers through compelling visuals and storytelling.
- Participate in the development of toolkits, templates and libraries for best practices and scale.
- Hands-on design production and delivery of final assets, following placement specification and technical requirements, as well as briefing external agencies on their deliverables.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of your craft, and being an active partner to those in other diverse creative disciplines.
- Contribute to presentations and engage with stakeholders to understand their work and to drive campaigns to their highest quality, most brand defining, best performing, and most efficient place.
A day in the life
In this role you will bring visual flair, a tech-savvy approach and inventiveness for simple solutions that raise the creative bar, delight customers and deliver on vision. You will brainstorm, explore and iterate in collaboration with your business partners (Marketers), peers (Copywriters, Program Managers, other Art/Creative Directors, Motion Designers, Production Artists, Design Technologists) and external agencies. Your designs will span within and beyond the Amazon Music ecosystem (web, email, print, paid display, social media). You will be working independently at the tactical level with the guidance of senior creative colleagues, and additional perspectives from stakeholders. You will be involved throughout the entire design process research, ideation, concept development, template creation, production, design QA and delivery. Pitching and proactively building consensus for your ideas is part of our culture. This is a cross-channel, fast-paced and high-volume environment. This role is focused on achieving a global approach that balances centralized efficiency versus local relevance the final work will be localized and viewed in more than 40 countries around the world and as such it requires strong organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to drive execution in a scalable way, and being flexible to changing priorities.
We envision this role as based in our new Brooklyn office with the possibility of hybrid work or virtual within the USA.
About the team
We are a newly established design vertical within Amazon Music. Our aim is to centralize creative work for Growth Marketing initiatives and build an immersive, cross-channel design system. Our primary objective is to express the core brand traits & tenets that scale across communication platforms, customer touch points and geographies. We work across Acquisition, Engagement, Brand Awareness, and Product Marketing initiatives to attract and retain streaming customers. We collaborate closely with Music International and Amazon partner teams (i.e. Alexa, Prime Video, Audible). Although we draw from existing guidelines and standards in our design work, our mission is to drive innovation ** in these areas. We push visual design boundaries by building innovative, inclusive and scalable experiences to excite new music and podcast fans while continuing to build upon the already established customer trust.
• 3+ years experience as a Designer, Art Director, Creative Director, or similar role.
• Experience leading concept development, building style guides and toolkits for 360-degree campaigns for web and print and driving adoption of established design standards across onsite, emails, social media, in-app, display, offsite, PR.
• Exceptional visual design, layouting, image manipulation, and typographical skills with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to plan and scope design projects to work creatively around difficult business, technical, and/or resource constraints.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Keynote, PPT.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Experience working across multiple languages on international campaigns.
• An available online portfolio
• Passion for Music and deep interest and expertise in designing for Musicians, Artists, and within the music industry.
• Ability to innovate and entrepreneurship.
• Passion for marketing, advertising, localization, and technology.
• Knowledge of UI, responsive design and usability principles and techniques for web and in-app experiences.
• Curiosity and interest in voice (Echo, Alexa) and AI.
• Experience with scaling campaign creative approaches in a globally distributed organization.
• Experience managing marketing and editorial design projects.
• Experience in designing for consumer-focused media and entertainment brands.
• Experience working in audio, video, OOH, and digital signage.
• Knowledge of Figma, Sketch.
• (Masters) Degree in Graphic Design, Communications, Advertising, or similar field.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.