Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Be part of the Playback Experience team here at Amazon Music. We make music happen. We are looking for a development engineer enthusiastic to get our engine humming on mobile devices. Our clients and services are the critical link between your deviceEcho, iOS, Android, Fire TVand the Amazon Music catalog. Over 80 million songs. Many delivered in ultra high definition and Spatial audio. Our mission is the fast, flawless, and secure delivery and playback of music for our customers. Our playback engine plays the music on millions of iOS, Android clients, and Fire TV devices, while our back-end services serve hundreds of millions of requests each day.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members who have a passion to work on client-side experiences on mobile (iOS and Android), Desktop (Mac and Windows) and Web platforms. Our code base is modern (C++-17) and our development practices regularly burn down technical debt. Our team emphasizes building mechanisms that ensure quality of our deliverables.
Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects that directly impact the audio experience of our customers in the coming year.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Strong C++ coding skills
- Mobile platform development experience.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Experience developing, releasing, and operating client side products (iOS, Android, Desktop, Embedded Devices)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us . Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.