Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Alexa Feedback is looking for a Data Engineer to support Alexa Proactive Delivery experiences across multiple channels and experiences. There are millions of proactive experiences delivered to our customers as Device Notifications, “By the Way” and Home Cards. In order to make decisions about selecting content that is more relevant and timely for our customers, and selecting the right channel for delivery, our systems will need to process and store large volumes of data to understand how customers engage with the content. As a Data Engineer on this team, you will have an opportunity to collaborate with a team of product managers, applied scientists, and software development engineers in order to design and build the best data ingestion, processing and management environment.
Key job responsibilities
As a Data Engineer, you should be familiar in the architecture of data warehousing solutions, using multiple platforms and tools. You should have strong analytical skills and excel in the design, creation, management, and business use of extremely large datasets and combining raw information from different sources. You will be responsible for designing and implementing scalable extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes to support the rapidly growing and dynamic business demand for data, and use it to deliver the data as a service,. Moreover, you will create automated alarming and dashboards to monitor data integrity. Finally, you should have very good communication skills and ability to adjust communication to different groups of stakeholders. Overall, you will be the subject matter expert for the data structures and usage, while striving for efficiency by aligning data systems with business goals.
• 1+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
• Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
• Experience in SQL
• Experience with object-oriented design
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably)
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Ability to work across many teams and coordinate tasks
• Ability to deal with ambiguous/undefined problems;
• Previous technical internship(s) preferred
• Graduate degree is a plus
• By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.