Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The DLS Manager role consists of providing exceptional customer service, partnership and coordination with business teams, senior leadership, managers and HR.
The ideal candidate require exceptional operational knowledge, execution, data understanding and leadership skills to take on a highly impactful specialist role while managing a team of 10-20 DLS members regarding leaves and accommodations. The successful candidate will assist in fostering the growth of the program and development of the process changes and opportunities to improve efficiency and the customer experience.
This role will need to see things through to completion, have the ability to manage and coordinate complex processes, possess exceptional communication skills with all levels of employees and management, superior attention to detail, ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment, strong critical thinking and fact-finding skills, and exceptional customer service focus. Additionally, the ideal candidate must possess a bias for action to develop and improve processes, take ownership and show initiative. This individual will need deep subject matter knowledge, strong communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to provide phenomenal customer service.
Key job responsibilities
- Manage the performance of teams through insightful communications, regular 1:1’s, team meetings and reward and recognition programs. These teams can consist of Accommodation Consultants, Leave Case Managers, Triage Specialists and/or Sr. Case Managers
- Drive continuous improvement processes/initiatives to enhance the operational efficiency of the program.
- Ensure compliance with a standard work, federal/state regulations, and company policy
- Maintain system records to ensure accurate and timely information/documentation
- Consult, coordinate and partner with our third party administrator, HR, Safety, Legal, Payroll, Benefits, team members and other departments/systems as appropriate
- Achieve performance goals and objectives in line with the network wide vision and goals.
- Communicate policies to the team and become the primary information source for staff; following-up to ensure compliance and consistency; taking corrective action as necessary and documenting the issue and actions taken.
- Partner with Operations Manager and other Team Supervisors regarding organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, and skills assessment.
- Review and analyze business unit data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience.
- Respond to escalations, providing root cause analysis and recommendations. Develops remediation plan and drives to resolution with minimal guidance from Manager.
- Perform audits of team’s work, providing coaching and feedback to support ongoing performance improvement.
- Maintain familiarity with defined operations processes to validate delivery in accordance with set quality standards and ensure compliance with standard work, federal/state or local laws and company policy
- Contribute to growing the expertise of our stakeholders, by participating in meetings, tough case reviews, resolution of escalated cases and consultation
- Collaborate with legal and compliance stakeholders on regulatory/employment liability issues as they relate to complex cases and/or policy development with leave, disability and/or Accommodation
- Collaborate with team members on development and review of SOPs and process documents
- Participate and lead initiatives in cross-functional process and business improvement projects
- Support developments and implement standardized training materials, tools and resources to improve quality and productivity of the team
- Partner with recruitment to post job openings and participate in interview loops across DLS
- Critically assess and adjust the case management plan to an employee’s changing needs
- Address and respond to sensitive situations
- Troubleshoot issues and seek to remove barriers for team members and customers
- Identify and solve problems that may arise, sometimes with limited information
- Communicate regular updates to employees and stakeholders both verbally and in writing
- Influence change to ensure operational standards are met.
- Act as mentor/trainer for all team members as needed to support skill development or on-boarding new team members
- Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
• 5 + years progressive case management experience applying using a case management system and establishing/executing a case management plan.
• 3 year of team lead or supervisory experience, or serving in a team specialist or leadership role
• Knowledge of federal and provincial disability laws regarding access for employees with disabilities;
• Experience supervising customer service representatives or case managers in a related program
• Experience providing guidance to employees or managers on leave of absence, disability plan, accommodation, human resources, benefits, or complex employee matter
• Experience working with confidential information
• Technically proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint
• SPHR, PHR, or CPDM certifications, or equivalent
• Exceptional customer service and communication skills, both verbal and in writing
• Strong problem solving, time management and priority setting skills
• Master’s degree
• Advanced knowledge of Federal, Provincial & Company Leave and Accommodation policies
• Advanced experience in HRIS, Timekeeping, Leave and Disability case management software
• Lean/Six Sigma certified or exposure to principles related to process improvement
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.