Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon’s Shopping Design team designs the shopping journey for Amazon customersfrom discovery and evaluation of products and programs, to writing and reading product reviews, to gifting and saving products for later, to checking out and completing purchases. We’re also the team that defines the UX guidelines and design language (codified in our shopping design system) that enables teams across Amazon to design on-brand shopping experiences efficiently and at scale.
We are looking for a Sr. Design Technologist to help us define and deliver our next-generation of tools for designers and developers. Our current tooling portfolio includes things like content moderation tools, plugins for design applications like Figma and Sketch, and solutions that connect different systems to streamline the handoff between designers and developers. In addition to supporting existing tools, you will help identify new opportunities and define new solutions that streamline workflows and improve builder productivity.
You will be part of a cross-functional team of designers, design technologists, developers, and researchers, responsible for creating prototypes that illustrate key pieces of functionality, and that inform tooling decisions by answering questions about the design, usability, feasibility, and desirability of proposed tooling solutions. You’ll work closely with design, product, and engineering partners to translate conceptual ideas into hardened tools that are used by builders across the company to create and deliver great customer experiences.
• Actively participate in concept development and design ideation as part of a cross-functional team.
• Rapidly build and iterate on functional prototypes that express design intent, using the best and most appropriate tools and techniques for the task.
• Partner with engineering to ensure that interactive techniques and technologies translate through to hardened tools and services.
• Be able to work creatively through and around perceived limitations and/or challenges imposed by the delivery platform to create delightful experiences for customers.
• Lead large, wide impact DT projects. Examples could include a specific tool or service that supports many disparate areas of the site or product line.
• Lead others and set direction in the face of ambiguity
• Participate in annual planning and end-to-end design process
• Evaluate and document any new creative and/or engineering standards or patterns that could arise from your work
• Proactively mentor and develop other Designers and Design Technologists
• Effectively present work to all levels of leadership
• BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or 4 years of relevant work experience
• 5+ years experience as a key member of a design team participating in the complete product development lifecycle of successfully launched applications
• Experience with web, mobile web, and mobile app front-end development
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies
• Portfolio of work that demonstrates how you have used technology to create design solutions
• Experience with retail and e-commerce design
• Familiarity with AWS