Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The AWS Enterprise Engineering organization is looking for an experienced engineer with a strong infrastructure and development background. We are using AWS products to evolve traditional enterprise tools and services if you are passionate about AWS and have experience automating large-scale infrastructure services, keep reading.
You and your team will work with internal Amazon service owners and AWS product teams to develop new services and solutions that give enterprise IT customers more choice and self-service platforms that we offer our global workforce. You will influence AWS product roadmaps and build new solutions as needed to raise the bar for security, automation, and operational excellence for Amazon’s corporate infrastructure.
We are looking for a motivated builder to inspire our teams and deliver results to our customers. This is a hands-on position where your daily activities will range from strategic planning to new system development to supporting the customers that depend on your services. You will deliver consistent, well-defined results in an agile systems development workflow. To succeed in this role, you will deliver on-time results that delight your customers while inspiring your team to think big about their work. If this sounds like a fit, we would love to speak with you.
In joining our team, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.
Key job responsibilities
• Lead automation efforts for a team advancing a service ownership culture
• Embrace the AWS ecosystem and drive innovation on top of it
• Instill a culture that drives DevOps, hold a high quality bar with code reviews, drive automation efforts to empower, and remove barriers for your team
• Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
• Hands-on leadership for your team; working with others on the engineering team to guide the day-to-day development activities, leading architecture decisions, participating in designs, design reviews, and implementation.
• Build services that can scale across six continents for hundreds of thousands of Amazonians worldwide
• Deliver quality features on-time and on-budget and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
• Maintain current technical knowledge of rapidly changing technology, always on the lookout for new technologies, and work with management and development teams to evolve current processes.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Golang, PowerShell, Ruby
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Engineering experience in a large enterprise environment.
• Mastery of Python, Ruby, and/or PowerShell.
• Experience with CI/CD pipelines.
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Experience building services using AWS products.
• Experience automating and configuring systems using AWS Systems Manager.
• Experience building systems using Infrastructure as Code, especially using AWS CloudFormation.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.