Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Legal Technologies is an innovative and high-energy team that supports Amazon’s legal operations worldwide. We focus on easy to use, highly secure, and ingenious solutions that allow our business to efficiently scale for the future. We are looking for an engineer who is excited by unique challenges and is passionate about using the latest technologies to solve customer needs. This is an excellent opportunity for an engineer is looking for a growth position with a high level of ambiguity in a small yet growing team.
Think big! Own, and create innovative new solutions that allow the Legal department to scale and improve customer service without increasing headcount. As a key member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work directly with your customers, own major deliverables across all aspects of software development life cycle. Successful candidates can quickly adapt to new environments, learn new systems, create reliable/maintainable code, and find creative solutions to difficult problems.
This position will be working with a mix of systems and technologies with a heavy emphasis on new-build using and the latest in platform technologies via Amazon Services.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Experience in building services
- Knowledge of professional engineering practices & best practices for the life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe product features, and technical designs
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.