Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
At Amazon, it’s our goal to be the most customer-centric company where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. To support our continued growth, we are looking for the most talented individuals to join our team. This is a unique opportunity to take part in one of Amazon’s key strategic growth initiatives, Amazon Private Brands. Some of Amazon’s most popular private brands include Amazon Basics, Amazon Essentials, and Solimo.
We are looking for a smart, motivated Business Intelligence Engineer. Are you passionate about big data and analytics? Does working in one of the world’s largest data environments excite you? Do you want to be a critical part of a high-growth business that is fundamentally changing an industry? If so, this is a unique opportunity to influence business/finance leaders and change the way our business makes arrives at and makes decisions by providing “information” instead of “data.”
We are looking for a person that would like to manage a team while also spending time being analytical. It requires an individual with excellent statistical and analytical abilities, strong understanding of business intelligence solutions, and the ability to work with technology, business, and finance teams. The successful candidate will have passion for data and analytics, be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, and driven by a desire to innovate and make a differenc
Key job responsibilities
• Own the design, development, and management of scalable solutions for ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to support business needs.
• Develop queries and visualizations for ad-hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting.
• Use data mining, model building, and other analytical techniques to develop insights to the business.
• Use analytical and statistical rigor to solve complex problems and drive business decisions.
• Develop new tools for the Private Brands finance teams to automate existing manual processes.
• Manage a team of 2-3 individuals
About the team
We are a global team that relies on memes and comradeship to enjoy working and support each other to gain skills and work on cool solutions.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
• 5+ years of professional experience in a business intelligence/statistical analyst role
• Advanced SQL
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• Experience using scripting language (e.g., Python)
• Experience using BI tools (e.g., Tableau)
• Master’s degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
• 5+ years of relevant experience in a business intelligence/statistical analysis role
• Understanding of data warehousing and data modeling
• Experience with AWS technologies including Redshift, S3, EMR, and QuickSight
• Experience using R, SAS, or other statistical packages
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.