Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world!
As part of the global controls team, the ideal candidate will work with highly motivated experts and innovators in the data center industry. They will possess a technology background that enables them to undertake the challenges of mission critical facility control systems consisting of building management system (BMS) and electrical power monitoring system (EPMS) platforms. They must be able to think broadly and strategically to implement global initiatives while supporting the life cycle of a live data center controls system.
Using Amazon leadership principles, you will develop new processes and standards while innovating in the controls space.
Key job responsibilities
- Vendor management specifically in regard to completion of service work, quarterly maintenances, AWS directed works, as well as management of events/requests from customers and emergency work.
- Ability to ascertain design needs to help develop project scope and specifications.
- Ability to develop and manage scope of work relative to the site specific work and customer needs.
- Ability to read and interpret specifications and implementing those specifications as they apply to the work environment.
- Performing inspects, testing, and commission of the facility systems.
- Work individually and as part of a team to develop new products, support existing products, test and evaluate equipment.
- Provide technical assistance as needed to internal customers.
- Coordinate project work internally within the department and externally with other departments to ensure on-time completion of projects within budget.
- Participate in an On-Call rotation to provide technical support to operational data center facilities
- B.S. in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, HVAC, or other related engineering degree, or five (5) years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong understanding of HVAC Controls, Power Monitoring and Building Management Systems of mission critical facilities
- Strong understanding of: Instrumentation, electrical 1-line diagrams, control diagrams, building operations, control circuits, industrial HVAC.
- Strong understanding of logic diagrams in the International Automation format for complex logic devices such as Programmable Logical Controller and Distributed Control System.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience installation, configuration, project management or servicing of one or more of the following products; Siemens: Apogee/Desigo, Honeywell: Building Controls, Trend: Building Controls, Schneider Electric: PowerLogic/Struxureware, Rockwell Automation: FactoryTalk, Tridium: Niagra, Eaton: Foreseer, ABB: Decathalon, Johnson Controls: Metasys
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment with excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholder deliverables, requirements, and navigate difficult situations.
- Demonstrated experience developing budgets, and managing financial performance of projects
- Ability to communicate to vendors and make decisions using industry standard knowledge (Controls theory, protocols Modbus / BACnet, mechanical / electrical systems, passive infrastructure).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally.