Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
You will be a trusted advisor to your customer. You will utilize program management and technical, organizational, and transformation execution to understand your customer’s business and strategic goals, translate them into an actionable plan, and drive the implementation to success by working with the customer, Amazon Web Services, and our partners. You will understand your customers’ biggest IT challenges, and provide prescriptive guidance, based on AWS best practices, to guide them through the obstacles.
You will take end-to-end ownership of a diverse range of projects and initiatives, utilize communication to interface with and influence a broad range of multi disciplinary teams (sales, solutions architecture, support, product, professional services, partners). The Sr. Customer Solutions Manager role is responsible for cloud transformational programs (technical, operational, organizational, education) that span across traditional IT teams and business units.
With a deep understanding of your customer’s business vision, culture and processes, you will be your customer’s voice within AWS, ensuring that their needs are accurately communicated to AWS leadership, product, and engineering teams. You will evangelize AWS services and influence customers to adopt the right solution at the right time. You will deliver a great customer experience by deploying AWS solutions, driving innovation, and delivering successful migration programs.
In addition to your customer facing responsibilities, you will help shape the rapidly growing Customer Solutions Management function, where your passion to define and implement standard processes, methodologies, and tools will be highly valued.
This role includes up to 40% travel (some global)
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 10+ years leading complex, large scale, IT/technical/engineering programs
- 7+ years in a senior customer facing role
- Bachelor’s degree in science, technology, engineering, math or equivalent experience
- Experience working with current technologies (especially cloud)
- Business English language skills
- Robust understanding of key technology and market trends
- Experience across different industry verticals
- Prior experience working in a technology sales organization
- Direct experience in implementing AWS/cloud services
- Deep understanding of software development/engineering life-cycle from conception to delivery
- PMP, Prince2, PgMP, SAFe or SCRUM/Agile certified
- Working experience as a SCRUM master or leading a SAFe program
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to effectively deliver information at the executive level (C-Suite/VP)
- Self-motivated problem solver who thrives in a dynamic and customer-focused environment
- Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to maintain composure in stressful situations, respond to customer needs quickly and effectively, and adaptive to change
- Highly analytical, technically proficient, and able to learn new tools and software quickly
- Demonstrated leadership through influence
-Technical program management background
-Detail driven with experience in managing virtual teams to deliver complex programs.
-Passionate and proven leader with the ability to gain stakeholder buy-in, communicate confidently at both the executive and project team level, and collaborate with a wide range of technical and non-technical teams, regardless of geographical or organizational boundaries.
-Natural problem solver that can deal with ambiguity and work autonomously to drive the deliver results for your customer.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.