Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Come help Amazon create cutting-edge data and science-driven technologies for delivering packages to the doorstep of our customers! The Last Mile Routing & Planning organization builds the software, algorithms and tools that make the “magic” of home delivery happen: our flow, sort, dispatch and routing intelligence systems are responsible for the billions of daily decisions needed to plan and execute safe, efficient and frustration-free routes for drivers around the world. Our team supports deliveries (and pickups!) for Amazon Logistics, Prime Now, Amazon Flex, Amazon Fresh, Lockers, and other new initiatives.
As part of the Last Mile Science & Technology organization, you’ll partner closely with Product Managers, Data Scientists, and Software Engineers to drive improvements in Amazon’s Last Mile delivery network. You will leverage data and analytics to generate insights that accelerate the scale, efficiency, and quality of the routes we build for our drivers through our end-to-end last mile planning systems. You will present your analyses, plans, and recommendations to senior leadership and connect new ideas to drive change. Analytical ingenuity and leadership, business acumen, effective communication capabilities, and the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams in a fast paced environment are critical skills for this role.
• Create actionable business insights through analytical and statistical rigor to answer business questions, drive business decisions, and develop recommendations to improve operations
• Collaborate with Product Managers, software engineering, data science, and data engineering partners to design and develop analytic capabilities
• Define and govern key business metrics, build automated dashboards and analytic self-service capabilities, and engineer data-driven processes that drive business value
Navigate ambiguity to develop analytic solutions and shape work for junior team members
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, economics or other business/analytical disciplines, with 2 years of related work experience
- Excellent communication skills to share findings in an understandable and actionable manner
- Experience with SQL and data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, Quick-sight etc.)
- Ability to navigate ambiguity to develop new ideas and creative solutions
- Ability to work successfully in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
- Master’s degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, economics or other business/analytical disciplines, with four years of related work experience
- Demonstrated ability to write complex, optimized SQL queries across large data sets
- Experience using AWS technologies such as Redshift, S3, etc.
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python, R, etc.
- Knowledge of various machine learning techniques and key parameters that affect their performance
Ability to present analysis and recommendations to senior leaders, using data-driven storytelling and influence to gain agreement on proposed actions
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and independently drive projects to completion
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .