Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Software (Physical & Digital) is seeking an entrepreneurial Vendor Manager. As a Vendor Manager, you will own the business relationships with key vendors within the Software industry and be responsible for driving top and bottom line results. You will need to grow vendor relationships, negotiate annual terms, develop marketing and promotional strategies, drive sales, and help us create a best-in-class customer experience.
This role is an ideal start to a dynamic career path at Amazon for an ambitious candidate who is eager to drive a business. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to move on to other leadership roles within Amazon. Our environment is fast-paced, which will requires someone who is flexible, detail-oriented, analytical and able to work in an ambiguous environment.
- BA/BS required
- 2+ years of experience doing one of several roles: quantitative/financial analysis, retail buying, retail planning & allocation, product/project management, marketing or e-commerce
- Strong oral and written communication skills, proven multi-tasking ability, and quantitative analysis
- Proficiency in SQL or other database management experience.
- Proficiency in Excel
- Experience in vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development.
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills, comfortable with complex financial data.
- High threshold for working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment figuring it out and adapting as you go.
- A willingness to roll up sleeves to work through tasks and get them done.