Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
At Amazon Web Services (AWS) we work with AAA gaming studios to help build the next generation of games and game analytics. If you find this exciting and would like to be a part of our team, please read on!
Our teams work on high impact projects using the newest data analytic technologies such as Data Warehousing, Hadoop and Data Lake. Our business environments are varied and can be onsite or remote. We enable our clients’ vision for cloud-based offerings, and we work together to solve the world’s data challenges.
We are hiring highly technical cloud computing architects to collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our consultants will develop, deliver and implement AI and data analytics projects that help our customers leverage their data to develop business insights. Our consultants work with customers on machine learning (ML) and ML operations to develop intelligence-based data pipelines. These professional services engagements will focus on customer solutions such as machine learning, batch/real-time data processing, data and business intelligence.
Key job responsibilities
Expertise – Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Athena, Glue, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, NoSQL, Relational Database Service (RDS), Amazon EMR, Amazon Redshift, SageMaker, and AWS AI Services.
Solutions – Deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, creating packaged Data & Analytics service offerings. Assisting customers by being able to deliver ML projects from conception to production, including transforming and exploring data, help building & validating ML models, develop MLOps (Machine Learning Operations) workflows for data preparation, deployment, monitoring, and retraining.
Delivery – Engagements include short on-site projects proving the use of AWS services to support new distributed computing solutions that often span private cloud and public cloud services. Engagements will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using AWS cloud services.
Insights – Work with AWS engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world implementations and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of AWS cloud services.
* Innovate – Engaging with the customer’s business and technology stakeholders to create a compelling vision of a data-driven enterprise in their environment
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
• 8+ years of experience with IT platform implementation in a technical and analytical role, including Data Lake/Hadoop platform implementation.
. 3+ years of hands-on experience in implementation and performance tuning Hadoop/Spark implementations.
• Experience Apache Hadoop and the Hadoop ecosystem
• Experience with one or more relevant tools (Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Oozie, Hue, Zookeeper, HCatalog, Solr, Avro), as well as one or more SQL-on-Hadoop technology (Hive, Impala, Spark SQL, Presto)
• Experience developing software code in one or more programming languages (Java, Python) AA
• Advanced degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math
• Hands on experience leading large-scale global data warehousing and analytics projects in the gaming or software vendor fields
• Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
• Ability to collaborate effectively across organizations
• Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP and NoSQL databases, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard development
. Experience using machine learning libraries, such as scikit-learn, Apache MxNet, PyTorch, SparkML, and TensorFlow
. Industry experience in ML engineering role and or games industry analytics
• Demonstrated technical proficiency in the fields of database, data warehousing or data science
• Implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments
• Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
• Desire and ability to interact with different levels of the organization from development to C-Level executives
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records