Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you want to work on strategic new business opportunities and build a business from scratch? The Devices’ New Initiatives team is looking for a Senior Product Manager to pitch, build, and launch new business ideas related to Sustainability.
This person will lead new product proposals (PRFAQS) to senior leadership which include customer research, financials, business model development, channel strategy, and technical product proposal.
This role requires an individual that is comfortable with ambiguity, familiar with launching new products, eager to dive deep on new technical concepts, and skillful in thinking through different business models. A successful candidate with be motivated by an entrepreneurial environment.
Key job responsibilities
• Write PRFAQs to be reviewed by senior leadership.
• Develop a business model proposal and partner with finance to determine ROIs.
• Evaluate opportunity sizes for new product ideas. Develop customer segments for new products and project demand.
• Conduct customer research and build a research plan for new product ideas.
• Lead the product strategy for an area of our roadmap
A day in the life
In a typical day, you might present an early PRFAQ that you are working through to our product team and VP. You might receive survey results from our customer insights team and then review the results with our engineering leads to understand product tradeoffs for a new concept.
About the team
Our team is responsible for building strategic new products and businesses related to Sustainability. We sit in the Devices organization, but we develop new devices and services ideas that can span all of Amazon. This team thinks very big, is very collaborative, and is motivated by making a positive impact in the world and for customers.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or Bachelor’s with demonstrated technical experience
• Demonstrated experience writing requirements for a product and implementing with a tech team
• Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally with different stakeholders (i.e. finance, ops, business development, engineering, marketing, legal)
• Demonstrated experience evaluating new technologies or early product concepts
• Demonstrated experience launching a new product
• Experience at a startup or launching the early version of a consumer product, API, IOT device or other related product
• Experience pitching a new product or business proposal (i.e. PRFAQ, pitch competition, etc.)
• Industry experience in a sustainability-related area
• Ability to build a basic financial model for a new business or product idea
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.