Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
How often have you had an opportunity to be an early member of a team that is tasked with solving a huge customer need through disruptive, innovative technology, reinventing an industry?
The Sr. Program Manager, Continuous Improvement role facilitates structured process improvements aligned to our business goals. They seek opportunities to improve costs, productivity and efficiency for end to end improvements and new ways of working within store operations.
Key job responsibilities
• Perform quantitative analysis of key process indicators to identify opportunities to own and implement.
• Develop a roadmap and lead Kaizen activities across the organization.
• Define the metrics and mechanisms used to implement, monitor and scale (e.g. time and motion studies, standard operating procedures and value stream mapping).
• Manage complex cross-functional projects (tech and non-tech), competing priorities, and varied stakeholders.
• Travel to sites locally up to 25% of the time and visit other geographies at a minimum of once per year.
A day in the life
They provide thought leadership, solve for root causes and not symptoms, influences change at all levels in the organization, and deliver big improvements for our customers. You will have a direct impact on shaping how labor planning is performed within Amazon Go.
About the team
Amazon Go is retail shopping paradigm with no lines and no checkout. You simply use the Amazon app to enter the store, take what you want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and convenience essentials, and go. Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by the same types of technologies used in self-driving cars: computer vision, sensor fusion, and deep learning.
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 6+ years of professional experience working as a process improvement leader or in operations excellence
- Working knowledge of SQL / ETL and visualization tools like tableau, extensive knowledge of excel
• High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
• Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others
• Willingness to roll up their sleeves and do whatever is necessary; owner mentality
• Experience and passion to work on innovative ideas and create and build new processes
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience working with senior management teams
• Ability to successfully influence stakeholders without formal authority, leading cross functional teams across geographies and business units
• Lean and/or Six Sigma certification
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.