Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to join the Ring team and support the development of new and existing products. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
The ideal candidate:
Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
Delivers high-quality C/C++ code in an embedded environment,
Specify, design, and implement functionality and behaviours of embedded subsystems,
Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership
Enjoys working side by side with colleagues and teams to problem solve
Proactively communicating and demonstrating technical leadership.
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent practical experience
• 5+ years of software development experience
• 3+ years of experience in embedded development experience in C/C++, and familiarity with SoC and embedded CPU.
• 3+ years of experience with writing low-level drivers, interrupt service routines and general troubleshooting/debugging with hardware.
• Excellent C and C++ programming skills with proven experience of writing efficient code for low powered systems.
• Extensive experience in computer architecture and embedded systems.
• Knowledge of embedded platforms peripherals such as UART, SPI, I2C, I3C etc.
• Experience in ARM chipset and firmware security (TPM, UEFI, TrustZone, Secure Boot, etc).
• Fluency in software fundamentals including software design and maintainability.
• Experience with embedded microprocessor tools.
• Experience with algorithm development.
• Experience in reviewing complex systems design/code.
• Creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.