Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Come build the future of entertainment with us. Are you interested in shaping the future of live streamed events? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching?
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows, movies and live sports – all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Originals and Exclusive content to exciting live sports events. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels which they can cancel at anytime and to rent or buy new release movies and TV box sets on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business – available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
Key job responsibilities
As an engineer in Prime Video organization, you will collaborate with stakeholders, design, develop, test and launch software and/or applications that helps solve business problems, impact live streaming users across the world and inspire your peers. You will review code of other team members and provide constructive feedback by driving continuous improvement of software quality, CX and maintainability of products and features.
A day in the life
In this role, you will be joining the Stockholm-based Sye backend team. You will deliver Sye, a revolutionary streaming platform primarily used for live sporting events. You will work with scaling tech to millions of users, integrating Sye with ecosystem of Prime Video. You will directly improve the customer experience of watching live streams by providing minimal latency and synchronized playback to all viewers across the globe.
About the team
As part of the Sye Backend team you will be involved with daily stand-ups, coding, code reviews for team members, internal and cross team meetings to align on technical solutions, estimate deliveries with milestones and write technical documents. Large events involves planning of new features to be deployed, tests to be performed and data to be analyzed in order to continuously improve the customer experience. Status and goals tracking are expected every so often.
- Non-internship professional software development experience.
- Programming experience with at least one of language such as Typescript, Go, Rust or Java.
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers in all aspects of their engineering skillsets.
- Demonstrated ability to work with algorithms, data-structures, efficiency and performance optimization.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and deal with ambiguous/undefined problems.
- Experience in developing and maintaining distributed backend systems.
- Experience in video streaming applications.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.