Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The People eXperience and Technology (PXT) Central Science Team uses economics, behavioral science, statistics, and machine learning to proactively identify mechanisms and process improvements which simultaneously improve Amazon and the lives, wellbeing, and the value of work to Amazonians. We are an interdisciplinary team which combines the talents of science and engineering to develop and deliver solutions that measurably achieve this goal. We invest in innovation and rapid prototyping of scientific models and software solutions to accelerate informed, accurate, and reliable decision backed by science and data.
We are looking for an experienced data engineer engineer to integrate data sources and create a data infrastructure to model and research all aspects of HR, including: workforce planning, recruiting, employee engagement, retention, development, employee benefits, and compensation.
The ideal candidate is expected to work closely with senior scientists and business leaders to study the impact Amazon has had on workers, the market, and the economy. You will build new data engineering solutions end-to-end, will work with multiple stakeholders across HR and Operations, and will build data pipelines/automation that can be used by distributed systems to run statistical and ML models. A successful candidate will have a passion for innovation, interest in cutting-edge technology, and excitement about working in a high-impact domain.
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Experience in SQL
. Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, Scala etc).
• Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hive, Spark, Hadoop, NoSQL, AWS EMR, Glue, Lambda, Kinesis, Redshift.
• Excellent grasp of software development life cycle and/or agile development environment.
• 5+ years of industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g. Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
• Experience in iterative design, working closely with business, product and tech partners from inception through implementation.
• Detailed knowledge of data warehouses, architecture, infrastructure components, ETL and reporting tools and environments
• Familiarity with AWS services such as S3, Redshift, EMR, Athena etc.
• Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects independently.
• Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing.
• Experience providing technical direction and mentorship of engineers and scientists on best practices in the data engineering space
• Be self-motivated and show ability to deliver on ambiguous situations and projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.