Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you seeking an environment where you can apply the latest computer science techniques to secure the systems driving every order that Amazon ships to our customers? At Amazon, we are obsessed with customer trust. Information Security enables Amazon business leaders to secure the confidentiality and integrity of Amazon and customer data. We assess risk, classify data and systems, detect potential intrusion, and render useless the value of data that may be leaked. This team dives deep into security technologies and continuously raises the security bar across Amazon’s Consumer, Digital, and Other (CDO) by tackling complex engineering problems that require widespread support and multi-year execution plans.
You’ll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. In this role, you will discover, define, and solve challenging problems across multiple teams and locations. You’ll be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world-class service is critical to customer success. You will also create scalable engineering systems and solutions using cloud computing.
In this job, you will:
• Adopt best practices in software engineering: Design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations.
• Excel in Dev-Ops along with development. Solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
• Build good working relationships within the team and with others across Amazon.
• Follow Scrum and other agile methods to deliver the most important features to the customer first.
• Ensure designs comply with Identity and Access Management (IAM) fundamentals such as least privilege access, password management, audit logging, RBAC, certificate issuance and revocation, and AAA solutions.
• Design and build authentication and authorization services to secure applications and services at scale.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and Design (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems.
. Strong Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and asynchronous architectures
• Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics.
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Delivering low-latency, consumer-internet-scale web services
• Building highly-available distributed systems on a cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS)
• experience working with, or an interest in Agile Methodologies, such as Scrum
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• experience with shared device authentication patterns
• Good grasp of application security concepts
• Familiarity with Industrial Control Systems (ICS) or Material Handling Equipment (MHE)
• Familiarity with Identity and Access Management (IAM) fundamentals
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .