Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you looking for that next big Finance opportunity? Want to directly influence the future of some of the most successful products in cloud computing? Come join Amazon Web Services Finance! Amazon Web Services (AWS) Finance is looking for a Finance Manager to support the AWS Elastic Block Store (EBS) business.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up business and organizations in over 190 countries around the world. Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services officially began offering developer customers access to web services now widely known as cloud computing based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform.
Read more about EBS at: http://aws.amazon.com/ebs/
This position will work closely with the executive team, EBS product management and service fulfillment. It also will interact with key business partners across the AWS organization, including Forecasting, Data Center operations and Business Development to drive thoughtful analysis and controllership in the EBS businesses.
Responsibilities include business and financial forecasting, analysis and reporting of progress towards goals, and ad-hoc business analytics and modeling supporting initiatives to improve the profitable growth of the service. Additionally, this role will own cost models and processes to manage, explain, and control profitable revenue growth and private pricing agreements. It will also evaluate new business opportunities, and drive business initiatives.
This role requires a self-starter with strong financial modeling abilities, problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, the desire to work in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple priorities. Strong ownership, curiosity, and a desire to learn are ideal fits for this role.
Key job responsibilities
- Build complex financial models and analytical tools to measure overall financial performance
- Own and drive projects during planning and forecasting cycles
- Develop, improve and automate financial reports
- Own and deliver on ad-hoc business support projects
BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 5+ years of finance experience, OR master’s degree and 3+ years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MBA or advanced degree
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment with competing deadlines
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with senior-level business partners
- Advanced financial modeling
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Track record of managing multiple deliverables from multiple stakeholders to meet challenging deadlines
- Comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Experience in a technology company or high-tech environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.