Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
AWS Systems Manager is the operations hub for AWS and hybrid cloud environments that enables safe and secure operations at scale. As a Principal Product Manager, you will build world class management tools that will transform how enterprises of all sizes provision, manage, and operate their applications and resources.
You will participate in developing the strategy and vision for the team, and you will develop and maintain product roadmaps and features based on team strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional — you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance and executive teams to bring products to the market and develop and grow a new business opportunities for Amazon. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a start-up like environment, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality products and applications that customers love.
- Develop product strategy vision and roadmaps, and develop short, medium and long-term features to achieve the vision
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver product to market
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Understand customer needs and develop roadmap to address them
- Champion and gain buy-in for the strategy and roadmap from partner teams through collaboration, documentation, and negotiation that effectively influences peers and senior management.
- Develop user experience goals, stories and requirements that will be used to drive product specifications
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 7+ years of Product Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, business, design or related field; or equivalent work experience
- Experience launching Enterprise products
- Experience working cross functionally (design, engineering, usability, content development)
- Analytical and quantitative skills; experience using hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Experience working with diverse groups of people to manage and influence change
- Broad technical breadth and depth including familiarity with web services, and enterprise management tools
- MBA or Master’s degree in a technical field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.