Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon is seeking an experienced Benefits Services Specialist to collaborate extensively with internal stakeholders and external partners to provide employees with best in class benefits delivery experience. The incumbent will execute against a multi-year road-map for benefits operations support. Strong project management skills as well as proven abilities to implement and automate tools/processes are critical to this role. The ideal candidate should be innovative, have a desire to participate in change, and appreciate a dynamic environment. We are seeking someone with a demonstrated history of successfully managing large, complex problems and engaging with diverse cross-functional teams, and numerous stakeholders, directly and through influence.
• Employee Experience: Drive meaningful engagement for employees and families through the delivery of world-class benefit programs. Work closely with partner teams in creating employee tools for understanding benefits and making election decisions. Manage employee escalations, exceptions and appeals and provide advice and monitor resolution on full range of benefit and pension related topics. Provide analytic insights on employee questions and administrative needs.
• Project Management: Responsible for launch of new benefits processes/programs and changes to existing ones. Develop standard operating procedures and controls to administer and manage benefits operations. Support business system owners through a deep understanding of process, system, and control capabilities.
• Change Management: Responsible for developing and executing change management strategies for benefits delivery and operational activities. Conduct business and technical impact assessments, maintain and document procedural changes, SOP development and ensure stakeholder awareness.
• Continuous Improvement: Continually identify opportunities to improve the employee experience and the operational efficiency of our programs. Identify, report, and escalate risks and implement mitigation strategies. Own overall service quality at process level. Perform root cause analysis on defects and implement remediation. Partner with systems team to establish and improve upon technology solutions that will enable us to scale as we grow and provide a seamless employee experience.
• Stakeholder Management: Establish two-way communication with HR, Benefits Consultants, and other partner teams. Collaborate with leaders from these teams for joint accountability of project success. Demonstrate proactiveness by gathering and acting upon VoC.
• Vendor Management: Manage outside vendors performing benefit administration services for Amazon. Work closely with local HR team, payroll, HR Shared Services, providers and vendors to ensure that the benefits administration is delivered consistently, and is compliant with contract requirements. Evaluate what services can be brought in-house.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, HR or related field
• Minimum 5 years of relevant program management / benefits experience
• Deep understanding and experience in delivering high levels of employee experience
• Strong data analysis skills; the ability to extract and synthesize data in order to make data-backed business decisions
• Ability to develop ad-hoc reporting to meet specific business needs and inquiries
• Successful record of building operational processes and procedures, continuously improving programs and efficiencies
• Demonstrated ability to influence and partner with a diverse and global team in a highly matrixed structure
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Experience managing large-scale employee benefit or pension administration programs, associated vendor management, and program development and delivery
• Proven abilities in process development and strengths in reporting and communicating data and trends to business leaders