Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you excited by invention and innovation? Do you thrive in providing/creating new way of enjoying entertainment to our customers?
The CAPE JP team is looking for a Principal Business Developer, who is experienced in owning and executing complex business deals with senior leaders/C-level executives of partners in the entertainment contents industry.
The successful candidate will be able to think strategically about the business, product, and technical challenges and map intersection of partner needs and Amazon priorities. Also, the candidate enjoys solving complex problems, works effectively with cross-functional teams and thrive in a fast-paced setting that is constantly evolving.
Key job responsibilities
• Lead the identification, evaluation, negotiation and execution of strategic partnerships that drive customer delight and support target objectives.
• Set and execute strategy for engaging with partners, including prioritizing partners, pitching partners, negotiating agreements, and managing ongoing relationships.
• Work closely with internal engineering, product teams, and leadership team, to identify, evaluate and drive feature adoption among top partners.
• Evangelize Japan market’s specific needs to stakeholders to improve customer experience.
• Manage both executive and working level relationships with internal and external stakeholders to drive buy-in and deliver results.
About the team
The Content & App Partner Engagement (CAPE) team manages the global portfolio of third party (3P) app and game developers (e.g. Netflix, Roblox, Spotify) worldwide that distribute content on Amazon branded and 3P branded devices with screens (Fire TV, Fire TV Edition, Fire TV Automotive, Fire Tablets, Echo Show and Android Mobile Devices via Amazon Appstore) and acts as the ‘voice of the developer’ for internal Amazon teams.
• 10+ years experience in a business role: business development, corporate development, product management/product marketing, partner management, or related positions
• Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally
• Fluency in written and spoken Japanese
• Proven ability to prospect, recruit, and manage executive level relationships.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• MBA (or graduate degree in a business, management or engineering field) is a plus
• Knowledge of digital video and/or OTT landscape
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics
• Experience aligning and driving cross-functional group
• Superior ability to present to executives and lead cross-functional teams
• An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently, ability to multitask and thrive in fast-paced environment
Please check the website below for measures to eliminate unwanted second-hand smoking in each facility:
The salary information can be provided individually prior to the 1st interview