Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you have the passion for developing new shopping experiences for millions of customers, the appetite for continuous learning, and the ability to turn new ideas into reality?
The Replenishment Services & Innovations team (RSI) is looking for a talented Software Development Engineer I with a strong sense of ownership and passion for delivering creative solutions for complex problems on an unprecedented scale. In our team, you will have the opportunity to build smart and personalized experiences for customers to seamlessly re-order their everyday essential products. Re-ordering of consumables is a multi-billion opportunity for Amazon as we grow from the “everything store” to “everything and everyday store”. We use a variety of optimization approaches (e.g., ML, NLP, CV etc.) to drive the discovery, engagement and conversion for customers’ everyday essential products.
Our features, such as Reorder Rewards, Your Essentials, Purchase Reminders, Reorder & Save Notifications, Past Order Information etc offer customers convenient capabilities to re-order and manage discounts or coupons for re-ordering customers. We spend over 50% of our time incubating new products and services, including those using latest IoT technologies. You will also be part of launching Amazon shopping on new smart screens smart watches, smart home appliances, screened Echo devices because we are the first team at Amazon to offer an official SDK that device manufacturers can use to bring Amazon shopping to their screens.
We are looking for talented software development engineers who are eager to shine by designing and developing world-class solutions. The engineering candidate wants to have ownership of a domain to deliver meaning results to the customers. As an organization, we work hard to not only deliver results but invest in each team member’s career and skill sets goals. As part of a talented team of technologists at RSI, you will have the opportunity to create significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers as we take on problems that can revolutionize the e-commerce industry. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting-edge products used every day, by people you know.
Our technical challenges involve a combination of back-end software engineering, user interface development, and applied science. As a software engineer on the team:
• You will build a customer facing product across the whole software development life cycle from ground-up in an entrepreneurial, start-up like environment
• You will design and build distributed systems, building front end applications and backend services that can scale to millions of requests and deployed globally delivering an exceptional customer experience.
• You will build software that scales effortlessly, has low latency, is robust and extensible.
• You will work with cross-functional teams including UI/UX designers, machine learning scientists, product managers, and other software engineers.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ year’s professional experience in software development building production software systems
- 1+ years of experience applying computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.