Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you interested in helping Amazon ensure that customers make great purchase decisions and that the world’s most recognized Brands using Amazon are successfully listing and selling their products? The Brand Protection Defect Elimination team creates a structure for Brand programs to gain insights into incidents that erode brand and customer trust, and ensure teams are able to leverage these insights to identify gaps and take corrective actions that scale across our stores Worldwide.
Are you data savvy, business focused, with a desire to use your analytical prowess to help others understand Brand gaps and needs, and to drive change through rigorous data analysis?
The successful candidate will be highly analytical, an expert with SQL and Excel, experienced with significance testing and A/B experimentation, resourceful, customer-focused, strategic-thinking, and have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines.
In this role you will:
- Be an important member of a team that improves the experience of protecting Brands on Amazon by eliminating defects, proactively identifying and resolving infringement issues, and discovering root cause insights.
- Define the vision for analytical approach, reporting strategy, and new metrics for cross-organizational initiatives.
- Proactively identify, analyze, and solve business problems with focus on understanding root causes and discovering significant forward-looking opportunities.
- Dive deep into Amazon’s data to reveal trends, support machine-learning based automation teams, perform cohort analysis, and design experiments to test hypotheses and quantify impacts.
- Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating from a multitude of Amazon’s largest data sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
- Communicate complex analyses and insights at scale to stakeholders and senior business leaders, both verbally and in writing.
- Create and maintain tools, reports, and analyses which support senior leadership and various teams throughout the organization.
- BS/BA in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, quantitative Social Sciences or related field.
- Experience with A/B testing and statistical significance testing.
- 3+ years of experience of writing SQL queries.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workload, and manage cross-functional projects.
- Advanced technical and modeling skills including Excel skills (pivot, vlookup, etc.) and data analytics.
- Experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Demonstrated experience working with and presenting to senior executives
- Proven experience dealing with ambiguity and an ability to work independently with a high degree of autonomy
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to translate complex analysis into actionable recommendations
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, quantitative Social Sciences or related field
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills with demonstrated ability in using data and metrics to identify root causes
- Proficiency in a statistical software such as R, Stata, SAS, SPSS, or Minitab
- Experience with predictive analytics, data mining, and data visualization
- Experience working with wide variety of business data sources
- IP protection experience a plus
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.